Portfolio Manager Retail Credit Risk
Jobs at:Absa Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Credit Portfolio Manager, part of the Retail Credit Risk management complement, will be responsible for overall management of assigned credit portfolios. In addition, being a managerial role, the role holder will be responsible for training and management of other colleagues in the team and the wider risk teams. The role holder will work closely with business stakeholders in sales, products, credit operations and IT to deliver portfolio objectives.
• Responsibility for the quality of the Consumer Credit assigned portfolios and management of the Credit Life Cycle in aggregate, which comprises of the following
o Product Planning
o Credit Initiation
o Account Maintenance
o Retail Credit Fraud Management
o Analytics and Modeling
o Collections & Recoveries
• Scorecard reviews
• Sampling responsibility to ensure credit quality is maintained
• Perform Portfolio Quality Reviews
Credit Risk Management Time Split 30-40%
• In collaboration with the business counterparts, develop, implement and maintain credit risk strategies
• Ensure the highest standards of credit quality through the sanctioning, sampling and application of best practice to credit proposals, and maintenance of these standards throughout the Credit Teams.
• Review and Implementation of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
• Ensure adherence to Lending discretions with appropriate delegation to the Retail Credit and Credit Operations Team.
• Exercise personal judgment and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of credit proposals.
• Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring audit outcomes are satisfactory backed by conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
• Maintain interactive relationship with relevant ARO/Group Risk/Business/Operations/Conformance Teams.
• Challenge pricing and profitability models in order to maximize value. Ultimate sign off at customer level remains with Business.
• Design, implement and maintain generic strategies for appropriate remedial action on poorly performing accounts in the portfolio
Business Risk Partnership & Stakeholder Management
Time Split: 30 - 40%
• Work in partnership with the HoRCT to ensure that the credit team proactively anticipates & responds to (and seek to exceed) the expectations of customers. Always looking to add value.
• Develop a strong Risk/COO/Consumer Business partnerships
• Represent Retail Credit Risk in forums where Credit Risk is directly or indirectly impacted.
Leadership Time Split: 10 – 20 %
• Be part of a highly motivated team maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider business to ensure achievement of business goals.
• Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
• Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Absa behaviours throughout the team including establishment of common goals and objectives.
• Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team.
• Business Degree in mathematical finance, actuarial science, economics, statistics
• Comprehensive technical credit skills
• General commercial/industry awareness
• Working knowledge of risk management policies, procedures & pricing
• Working knowledge of Group policies and strategies relative to the credit function
• Product knowledge
• Detailed understanding / fit of the vision for Risk
• Working knowledge of local country structure and strategy
• Leadership and performance development of a team
• Managing risk and reward
Knowledge & Skills
• People management and coaching
• Communications (written and oral) and presentations
• Effective negotiation and influencing
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Absa Bank Limited on absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.