Jobs at:Universities Fund
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPA (K))/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification;
• Membership to a relevant professional body such as Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) /ACCA Information Systems Audit or Control Association (ISACA), or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
• Management course lasting not less than two (2) weeks.
Previous relevant work experience required.
• Eight (8) years’ experience in Auditing with at least 3 years’ experience as a supervisor or a comparable position with similar responsibilities
• Proficiency in Computer Aided Audit Tools (CAATS);
• Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems;
• Analytical individual with ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise reports;
• Knowledge of principles of good corporate governance.
• Managerial and leadership skills
• Demonstrated competencies in Governance, Risk Management and Control (GRC);
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
• Interpersonal and communication skills;
• High integrity;
• Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Fulfills the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
The job holder is responsible for coordinating conduct of various types of audits and reviews in accordance with International Standards for professional practice of Internal Auditing to promote efficiency and effective of operations, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, safeguarding assets and to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures, standards and contracts.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Coordinating assurance on the management of the apportionment of funds to public universities and conditional grants in excess of KSh.165 Billion since inception;
• Coordinating operations of the audit section for effective service delivery;
• Coordinating development and implementation of internal audit section policies and procedures to achieve the audit strategic objectives;
• Coordinating development of the Audit section’s risk- based work aligned to the institution’s objectives for the continuous assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the institution’s governance, risk management, controls processes;
• Managing individual engagements from planning to follow up by the direct reports to enable seamless completion of activities;
• Coordinating Leading implementation of approved annual audit plan by developing individual assignment work plans and allocating activities to appropriate resource and monitoring execution;
• Mentoring and coaching staff in the Audit division for career growth and enhanced performance;
• Coordinating preparation of audit reports for presentation to management and to the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board and ensure implementation of arising recommendations;
• Ensuring maintenance of international standards for the professional practice of internal auditors Standards to fulfil the mandate and align with best practice;
• Coordinating the performance of investigations as necessary;
• Coordinating performance management in the section to ensure individual targets set are timely achieved.
• Coordinating the implementation of the Knowledge Management Framework at the department to manage institution knowledge as a strategic asset to improve efficiency;
• Participating in preparation and submission of quarterly reports on corruption initiatives at the Fund to Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission.
• Coordinating flexible risk based annual audit plan using Fund risk assessment, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management.
• Participating in the identification of possible risks in the Fund operations, ensure monitoring and evaluation of the identified risks, recommends the appropriate control measures, and follow-up on implementation
• Coordinating the implementation of any special tasks or projects requested by management and the Audit Committee.
• Assisting in Providing secretarial services to the Board Audit and Risk Committee
• Coordinating special audits and investigations (ad-hoc) as may be required from time to time and submit report of findings to the Board.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks)
• Implementing audit plans as approved by the Board Audit and Risk Committee to achieve set targets;
• Assisting in providing of secretarial services to the Audit, Risk Management and Compliance Committee of the Board;
• Coordinating to ensure Internal audit section risks are proactively identified and managed to within the risk appetite of the institution, development, and maintenance of up-to-date departmental risk register;
• Coordinate implementation of the departmental Business Continuity Plan in alignment to the institution’s Business Continuity Management Framework;
• Participating in various committees of the Organization and providing assurance expertise;
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual sectional reports to management and the Board of Directors;
• Participating in the development of the department’s strategic plan to ensure objectives are attained;
• Developing and Implementing the Internal Audit charter, policies, and procedures to ensure consistency in audit operations;
• Coordinating implementation of appropriate technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the section;
• Responsible for providing assurance on institution assets valued more than Kshs 5 Billion
• Coordinating formulation and implementation of the section’s budget valued at Kshs 11.5 million;
• Approving of petty cash expenses.
Responsibility for physical assets around the area of work:
• Providing oversight over physical assets of the audit section;
• Providing oversight over all the department’s assets valued at Ksh 10 Million.
Decision Making/ Job Influence:
• Making strategic decisions to prepare in the achievement of the overall strategic objectives of the institution;
• Making, operational decisions to ensure the audit work plan, procurement plan is achieved.
• Responsible for making financial decisions to monitor implementation of the audit section budget
• Planning the work of direct and indirect reports to align with the departmental goals and objectives;
• Assigning work to direct and indirect reports;
• Monitoring direct and indirect reports work performance;
• Appraising/evaluating direct and indirect reports performance
• Works predominantly in an office environment with regular travel to universities in the country.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.