Jobs at:Bomet County
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Principal Accountant – CPSB 06 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
A Principal Accountant will report to the Head of Accounting Services. Duties and Responsibilities will entail:
• Participating and providing advice as expected of the office in Tender Committee, Projects committee, County Executive Committee and County development committee.
• Preparation of revenue and expenditure returns in the County as required by Treasury regulations and law;
• Assisting in developing of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Undertaking ad hoc assignment relating to accounting services; assisting in preparation of final accounts;
• Ensuring safe custody of County Government assets and records
• Timely and accurate preparation of quality management report that fall under his Division;
• Guiding officers under him/her to achieve the desired results.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
• A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option)
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent;
• Served in the grade of Chief Accountant, Job Group ‘M’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Terms of Service
Permanent and Pensionable
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Applications can only be submitted online on or before 14th February, 2023 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net . Manual applications will not be accepted.
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required from those shortlisted
• Only Shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.