Jobs at:Lake Victoria South Water Services Board
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The officer at this level will be reporting to Manager, Finance and Accounts on financial matters in LVSWDA. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
• Coordinating management accounting and preparation of final accounts and statements;
• Ensuring timely and proper bank reconciliation;
• Interpreting regulations of the Agency pertaining to financial control and management;
• Coordinating preparation of budgets based on work plans;
• Ensuring provision of accurate timely reliable financial information as well as timely submission of annual financial statements of accounts;
• Organizing and coordinating responses to audit queries;
• Interpreting financial policies for sound accounting principles, practices and control and management of corporate tax, vat and other statutory deductions
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have/be:
• A minimum period of Eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should be in supervisory position;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Business Management (accounting option), Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option) or other relevant qualifications
• from a recognized institution;
• Membership to a relevant professional body;
• Professional Development in a relevant field;
• Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance and results.
• Proficiency in computer applications;
Key Competencies and Skills
• Strong mentoring and Coaching skills
• Stakeholder engagement skills
• Strong analytical and Innovative skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Job applicants should attach all requisite academic and professional certificates
• Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert will not be accepted.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic & professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present unauthentic certificates. If you possess
• or meet the above qualifications, please send; Your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts
• (Name, Post Office Box number, email address, and day time telephone/mobile phone contacts).
In case you do not hear from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification.
• A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
• A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
• A valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Upon granting an offer of employment, a successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
Applications should be sent to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer on/or before 18th October, 2022 5.00pm using the address below:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.