Jobs at:The Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Monitoring expenditures based on approved budgets;
• Ensuring safe custody of Corporation’s financial records and assets;
• Overseeing the accounting of special funds including donor and project funds;
• Managing Corporation cash flows;
• Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books and other accountable documents;
• Maintaining up-to-date books of accounts;
• Overseeing submission of statutory deductions;
• Coordinating the preparation of responses to audit queries and PIC inquiries;
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports for the Corporation;
• Ensuring timely preparation, review and Approval of bank reconciliation statements
• Interpreting regulations of the Corporation pertaining to financial control and management;
• Coordinating preparation of budgets and work plans for the section;
• Ensuring provision of accurate, timely and reliable financial information;
• Ensuring timely submission of annual financial statements of accounts;
• Iinterpreting of financial policies for sound accounting principles, practices and control and management of PAYE, VAT and other statutory deductions;
• Verifying Payment vouchers and Staff Imprests in accordance with the laid down Financial procedures, policies and regulations; and
• Review of bank reconciliation statements.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
• Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
• Bachelors degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option), Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
• Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination/ACCA affiliate Exams;
• Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
• Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to make their applications through a standard one-page cover letter, attaching a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, a copy of ID/passport and any other relevant supporting documents.
All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form which should be obtained in the Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation website and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
Only the candidates offered employment shall be required to present the following clearance certificates:
Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation(KRA);
Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC);
Clearance Certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and 5) A current report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth, minority groups and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 24th July, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.