Principal Assistant Accountant (KMFRI Grade 7)
Jobs at:Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 17 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and responsibilities in this position will entail:
1. Verify and examine payment vouchers and staff imprest warrants;
2. Participate in preparation of periodic budget(s);
3. Participate in the Institute budget making process and revision of the same;
4. Preparing expenditure reports based on approved budgets;
5. Maintain and updating the vote book entries;
6. Participating in preparation of final accounts;
7. Identify officers with outstanding balances and ascertain closing balances at the end of every month;
8. Process statutory deductions for timely submission to comply with the regulations;
9. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for review by the management at the Centers/Stations and Headquarters;
10. Prepare periodic outstanding imprest reports, cash flow reports to assist in decision making;
11. Posting cashbooks and undertaking bank reconciliations;
12. Maintain and control financial documents by filing and storing financial reports for future retrieval and reference;
13. Maintain and ensure safe keeping of accountable documents;
14. Maintaining and updating fixed asset registers; and
15. Prepare audit queries reports and schedules.
Requirements for appointment/Persons Specification
1. Six (6) years relevant work experience;
2. Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent OR Diploma in Finance / Accounts from a recognized institution;
3. Minimum KCSE C- (minus) or its equivalent;
4. Proficiency in computer applications;
5. Met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Other Key Competencies and Skills
1. Good interpersonal skills;
2. Good team player;
3. Problem solving skills;
4. Strong communication; and
5. Good reporting skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Monday, 17th July 2023.
• The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
• SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during the interviews.
• Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
• KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.