Principal Finance Officer
Jobs at:The Kenya BioVax Institute
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Principal Finance Officer
Provide technical support in the preparation of annual budgets and to ensure compliance to the Public Financial Management Act 2012 and the National Treasury guidelines in relation to financial matters within the Institute.
• A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a Supervisory position in the public service or in the private sector;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Finance/ Accounting option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Finance Option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Membership to a relevant professional body such as Institute of Public Accountants (ICPAK) Kenya, Association of Chartered certified accountants (ACCA) or equivalent;
• Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in Computer applications; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Key Competencies and skills
• Budgeting and planning;
• Analytical and conceptual skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• High emotional intelligence;
• Organizational skills including planning, monitoring and controlling;
• Managerial skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Negotiation and influencing skills;
• Team player,
• Decision making and problem-solving;
• Conflict management;
• Supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills;
• Integrity; and
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Implement proposals for raising funds;
• Process commitment of funds and expenditure trends;
• Monitor and control expenditure commitments based on approved budget;
• Assist other functional areas in costing of programmes;
• Incorporate other functional area inputs into the budget process;
• Ensure timely adjustment of work plans commensurate with the resources voted in the budget;
• Authorize payments and claims within set limits as approved;
• Respond to all audit queries raised by both internal and external auditors;
• Participate in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
• Authorize payments, sign cheques, and identify suitable cheques signatories as appropriate; and
• Prepare quarterly financial management reports.
Terms of Service
The successful applicant will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are notified of the following:
• Detailed job description requirements, and how to apply are available on https://recruitment.biovax.go.ke and at www.health.go.ke
• All applications MUST be received on or before 21st July, 2022 by 5.00 pm East African Time.
• The Kenya Biovax is an equal opportunity employer, Persons with disability, female, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
• There are No fees charged.
• Canvassing for any kind will result in disqualification of the candidate.
• In case of any further clarification or inquiries about the advertised positions, please do not hesitate to reach out on: Email address: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Kenya BioVax Institute on recruitment.biovax.go.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.