Principal Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Communications Authority of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 23 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, May 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Internal Audit, the Principal Internal Auditor is
• responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding
• value and improving the operations of the Authority. This role requires expertise risk management,
• internal controls and governance processes.
• Undertake internal audits approved in annual plans or special requests/investigation from the Board and Management.
• Review systems of internal controls in compliance with relevant legislations, policies and regulations and report on the progress and results of review.
• Participate in conducting investigations and report on the progress and results of investigation.
• Assist on the implementation and execution of the Internal Audit strategic and risk-based annual audit plans.
• Assesses internal controls for financial and non-financial practices in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
• Carry out procurement audits, compliance and governance audits for assurance.
• Carries out physical verification of all assets.
• Reviews quarterly management accounts and reconciliations.
• Participate in the preparation of the Department’s annual budget as well as monitoring of expenditure.
• Review the design and implementation of internal controls within the Authority to ensure that the financial statements are free from material misstatements and also prevent errors and fraud.
• Conduct follow up audits and propose value adding recommendations for improvement to management on matters such as cost reduction, improving efficiency, effective use of resources.
• Participates in the maintenance and documentation of Standards, policies and practices.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
• Master’s degree added advantage.
• A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience, with a at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
• A Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or any other recognized professional body in good standing.
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Authority offers a competitive package in line with its Human Resource Policies and Procedures and Public Service Guidelines.
Director level appointments shall be for a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance while the position of Deputy Director Human Resource Management shall be for three (3) years. The rest of the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on https://www.ca.go.ke/about-us/work-with us/careers/
Documents to be submitted by the applicants
Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: -
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
• Dully filled and stamped Self-Declaration/Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
• A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
• The Self-Declaration form from the EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Submission of Applications
The application letter indicating the specific position and reference number should be addressed to:
The Director General
Communications Authority of Kenya
P.O. Box 14448
Applicants are invited to submit applications via email address: email@example.com by Friday, 23rd June, 2023 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Kenyans including Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.