Principal Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Nyeri County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB GROUP ‘N’- 1 POST(ADVERT NO. 91/2022)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying activities subject to audit coverage and evaluating their significance
• Assessing the degree of risk inherent in terms of the audit costs involved;
• Determining adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems;
• Carrying out investigations on irregularities identified or reported in audit reports;
• Ensuring Government assets are safeguarded and properly utilized.
• Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
b) Requirements for Appointment
• Have served for at least seven (7) years in the field of Finance (Audit) or three (3) years at the grade of Chief Internal Auditor
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Commerce, business Management/Administration (with accounting/finance option) or its equivalent from a recognized University in Kenya;
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination
• be a registered member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), or Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) or Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
• Attended the four (4) weeks Senior Management Course in a recognized institution
• shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Terms of Service
Three (3) years contract.
NB: Those serving on permanent terms will however be engaged in their substantive permanent terms.
Eligible employees are requested to fill the Employment Form which can be downloaded from the County Website, www.nyeri.go.ke
The completed application form together with the Head of Department Recommendation, Staff Performance Appraisal Report for 2020/2021, letter of appointment/promotion to the current substantive grade and certified copies of academic and professional certificates should be sent or delivered to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O BOX 90-10100,
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 27th April 2022, 5:00pm.
Employees appointed on short term contracts or interns are eligible for consideration.