Principal Investigation and Compliance Officer - Grade NCIC 4
Jobs at:National Cohesion and Integration Commission
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 12 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The position is responsible for supporting, providing supervision, guidance and management in the Investigations and Compliance department through coordination, development and implementation of strategies, policies, guidelines, and programs related to the Investigations and Compliance.
• Reporting to: Deputy Director Investigation and Compliance
Duties and responsibilities
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Provides guidance to investigators to ensure that their work conforms to established standards and procedures and is completed in a timely manner.
• Oversees completion of received reports and complaints before investigations and making recommendations through the Deputy Director.
• Manages investigations function efficiently in order to meet the needs of the Organization as well as the expectations of all stakeholders. This includes the timely execution of investigations.
• Develops and implements guidelines and practices for conduct of effective investigations, ensuring proper application of due process principles.
• Organizes and gives guidance in monitoring of political rallies in collaboration with the police, the media council of Kenya and other monitoring partners both state and non-state actors to ensure that politicians do not incite ethnic tensions.
• Oversees synchronization and maintenance of comprehensive case management system for the effective tracking, management of and reporting on cases at all stages of investigations.
• Oversees monitoring and analysing social media platforms and other communication channels with the aim of curbing online hate speech, ethnic discrimination and incitement to violence among other offences.
• Coordinates investigations and compliance teams of the commission in carrying out investigations on its own accord or on request from any institution, office or person any issue affecting ethnic or racial relations.
• Organizes and coordinates Departmental meetings.
• Coordinates investigations in very high priority and complex cases
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Facilitates serving notices for the management directing persons or institutions involved in actions or conduct amounting to violations of human right on the basis of ethnicity or race to stop such actions or conduct within a given period.
• Synchronizes and maintain a comprehensive case management system for the effective tracking, management of and reporting on cases at all stages of investigations.
• Develops, implements and receives policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures on investigations and compliance.
• Investigates complaints of racial discrimination and making recommendations on remedial measures to be taken where such complaints are valid.
• Monitors social media platforms and other communication channels with the aim of curbing online hate speech’ ethnic discrimination and incitement to violence among other offences.
• Develops recommendations on penalties to be imposed on any person for any breach of the provisions of the constitution or of any law dealing with ethnicity.
• Organizes development, implementation and review of forensic systems.
• Carries out risk and forensic audit sand analyses.
• Monitors and evaluates the extent of implementation of policies, regulations and laws by various stakeholders on integration and cohesion.
• Investigates and maps out risks and areas of concern to peaceful co-existence, integration and cohesion and recommending mitigation measures.
• Examines, analyses complaints and channels them to the action officer.
• Verifies digital evidence gathered and preparing evidence reports for trial.
• Attends court to adduce evidence.
• Organizes forums for stakeholder engagements.
• Identifies and compiling risks and areas of violation.
• Validates proposals for conducting surveillance and audits.
• Identifies persons or institutions involved in actions or conduct amounting to violations of human rights on basis of ethnicity or race to stop such actions or conduct within a given period.
• Prepares special reports pertaining to matters undermining national cohesion and integration.
• Contributes to the continuous improvement of NCIC legal framework for addressing non-compliance with NCI Act and of other frameworks and standards relevant for the investigation function.
• Streamlines the investigations process to ensure timely execution of investigations. and
• Formulates, monitors and reports on an annual work plans.
Requirements for appointment
• Bachelor’s degree Criminology, Computer Science, Data Communications, Public Administration, Law, Information Technology, Governance, Sociology, Audit or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certificate in any of the following areas: Digital Forensics & Investigations, Security Information and Event Management, Database Security and Auditing, Computer Search & Seizure, Linux Administration, Network Intrusion & Detection, Network Scripting, EC- Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Certificate in Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Member of a relevant professional body
Previous relevant work experience required.
• At least nine (9) years’ experience, three (3) of which should have been in a management position of comparable institution/ directorates.
Required Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes;
• Decision making skills.
• Negotiation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.