Principal Officer, Risk and Compliance
Jobs at:Development Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure that the Banks risk and compliance framework is acceptance and in full compliance within the Bank. This includes carrying out risk assessments and advice on areas of improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Identify and assess the compliance risks associated with the bank’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products and new business relationships
• Conduct Risk Assessments and develop key risk indicators for monitoring and reporting
• Stress testing of the various key risks facing the bank
• Conduct internal AML and KYC trainings as provided by CBK prudential guidelines
• Coordinate and provide training programs related to specific risk management process and assess the operational effectiveness;
• Review transactions to ensure that high value transactions are identified and appropriately reported to the regulator
• Monitor client financial activities to ensure they are legal and in compliance with internal and external bank policies;
• Implementation of compliance programs designed to educate bank staff on new regulations;
• Prepare reports on a regular basis to senior management to keep them updated on progress of compliance operations
• Organize compliance programs to educate bank staff on recent and already existing compliance requirements;
• Develop an operational risk database and update compliance reports periodically to maintain the agreed benchmarks
• Champion the integration of risk management into the strategy of the Bank
• Manage risk profile mapping to new products, processes and procedures in compliance with company and regulatory policies
• Oversee and implement tracking of audit recommendations, incident reports and compliance recommendations and ensure that the recommendations have been implemented within agreed time frame provided in the inter–departmental service level agreements;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Appointment
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Actuarial Science, Law or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution, four (4) of which were in a managerial capacity within risk and /or compliance function
• Professional certification in Risk Management or Compliance or any relevant professional qualification(s) e.g. ACCA, CPA(K), CIA, CISA
• Knowledge of the Kenya Financial Services Industry and regulatory framework
• Sound understanding of Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Principles and Philosophies
• Management courses or programs from recognized institutions;
• Anti–Money Laundering Professional Qualification (ACAMS)
• Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing
• Fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should email their application letter, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates (in zipped format), detailed CV indicating work experience, contacts and addresses of relevant referees on or before close of business 14th October 2022. Use the email firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.