Principal Officer-Financial Planning & Analysis
Jobs at:Safaricom Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role will report administratively to the Senior Manager-Business Planning & Reporting .The role holder will ensure that the business is able to process, compile and report the annual budgets, Long range plan and rolling forecast results to management and the Group on a timely basis. The preparation of the annual budgets, long range plan and rolling forecast results should comply with company procedures and the accounting policies for the Group and submitted in the formats prescribed.
• Document and implement best practice budgetary processes and procedures and ensure they are in conformity with ISO standards. Ensure the budgetary processes and procedures are reviewed and updated quarterly.
• Ensure implementation of the company processes & procedures in the preparation of the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts while incorporating the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Ensure the annual budgets, long range plan and quarterly forecast information adheres to IFRS and complies with Group accounting policies.
• Prepare the Hyperion supporting schedules, reconciliation statements and financial statements ready for use in the Vodacom Group submissions.
• Identify improvements in the Oracle financial application that impact on the Budgeting Model and participate in the implementation of the improvements.
• Review and avail Monthly Consolidated Group Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statements with KPIs for Subscribers, Usage, ARPUs and Margins.
• Coordinate the preparation of the monthly rolling forecast and submit to Vodacom
• Detailed review of monthly cash flow forecasts
• Monitor performance closely ensuring risks and opportunities to budget are highlighted to management ahead of time
• Margin statements to be availed and circulated to Product managers showing performance to EBIT Margin.
• Identify and implement cost and efficiency improvements
• Qualified Accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent with an Honors degree from a recognized university;
• 4-5 years Accounting experience in an international or well-run company
• At least 2 years management experience in corporate reporting for financial and management information
• Proficiency in using the Hyperion Financial Management system for planning and reporting
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.