Principal Revenue Officer
Jobs at:County Government of Tana River
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2023
Date Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
V/NO. 010/2023: Principal Revenue Officer J/G ‘N’ (1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Head of revenue division in the Sub-County or Land Rates revenue or Revenue from health;
• Assist in Designing effective efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue;
• Responsible for providing advisory services to the Director of Revenue on all revenue matters in the Sub-County;
• Project regular Revenue trends for planning and decision making in the Sub-County by analysing past performance, inflation, socio-economic factors and the general prevailing economic conditions in the county;
• Developing of plans to stimulate and achieve revenue growth in the Sub-County.
• Assist in the setup of an effective mechanism for monitoring and ensuring system integrity and security;
• Implementing County revenue laws and regulations for Revenue in the Sub-County;
• Verifying, reconciling revenue reports and authentic the work of revenue clerks in the Sub-County;
• Carryout comparative trend analysis of performance for target setting;
• Prepare and submit to the Director timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual revenue reports;
• Discuss and assign revenue performance targets to subordinates; and
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
• Served in the grade of Chief Revenue Officer, job group ‘M’ or a relevant position in the public service or in a senior management position in a busy commercial organization for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business
• Administration (Accounting or Finance option), Statistics, Economics or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Passed Part II of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized
• Attended a senior management course at a recognized institution lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should visit our portal: www.jobs.tanarivercpsb.go.ke for online job application and submission. Applicants should also upload their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card,copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary / C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
Applications should be received on or before 28th April, 2023 at 12:00am.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution
i.e. be in possession of valid clearance certificates from HELB, KRA, EACC, DCI
(Certificate of Good Conduct) & Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.