Principal Revenue Officer
Jobs at:Vihiga County Government
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, formulating strategies and identifying sources of revenue.
• Designing effective, efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue.
• Developing B1lls, policies, programs, bylaws and internal control systems that enhance own source revenue collection in the County.
• Supervising collection of own source revenue in the county.
• Implementing county policies and regulations for revenue.
• Setting up and projecting regular revenue trends for planning and decision making.
• Guiding county entities in preparation of the Finance Bill/Act.
• Organizing stakeholder sensitization forums on the provisions of the finance bill and other revenue collection bills and bylaws.
• Ensuring posting of all revenue sources in the IFMIS system.
• Preparing quarterly and annual revenue reports on all own source revenue and external sources.
• Submitting regular reports to county assembly, national treasury and commission for revenue allocation on matters of revenue collection.
• Identifying and provide baseline data on new sources of revenue.
• Maintaining records of all the revenue sources/centres, rates and revenues collected
• Championing automation of own source revenue streams in the County.
• Ensuring all own source revenue collected is accounted for and banked intact.
• Preparing the budget for the directorate.
Professional and Academic Qualifications.
• Have a bachelor's degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance): or
• have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance) from a recognized institution.
• Proficiency in Computer Application Skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution.
• Be a qualified Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA K)
• Membership of the Institute Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK).
• Must have served as an Accountant in the public or private sector for a minimum period of five (5) years, three (3) of which must be in a senior management position.
• Be conversant with the provisions of the public Finance Management Act,2012.
• Conversant with IFMIS and other revenue management accounting or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County's mandate.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 20th day of February,2023.
Vihiga County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 880-50300,
Please take note that;
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Vihiga County Public Service Board
DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEE for its services.
ONLY Short listed candidates will be contacted and they shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card,
Academic and Professional certificates, Transcripts and Clearance certificates (Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct), Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, Clearance certificate from Commission for University Education (for holders of degrees from foreign Universities) and any other relevant documents during interviews
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.