Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting, Audits and Filing:
• Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reports for supported projects and Initiatives highlighting issues on over/under expenditure, commitments and project end dates.
• Identify any incorrect entries and liaise with PM and PI for approval to pass adjusting journal entries in the system.
• Track donor reporting timelines to ensure timely preparation of reports;
• Using appropriate templates, prepare donor financial reports/statements in collaboration with PM and PIs for Finance Manager’s (or designate) review.
• Raise invoices & follow up reimbursements and transfer advices from donors.
• Compute project accruals annually and during project close outs and ensure they are captured in the system at the right accounting period.
• Identify projects to be audited at least four months before scheduled start date and liaise with Finance Officer for planning.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors in facilitating effective project audits by availing required documents and responding to queries (in collaboration with the Finance Officer) to ensure all issues are resolved and clean (unqualified) report provided.
• Maintain proper financial records of projects - both soft and hard.
• Perform other post-award functions in relation to receivables and payables reconciliation, budget revisions and project closeout functions.
Collaborators Support and Accounting:
• Prepare projects payment requests for partners in collaboration with Project/Program Manager (PM) and Project Leaders.
• Ensure project partners’ financial reports are received in time and sample supporting documents are requested and reviewed for compliance with contractual obligations.
• Support in building the capacity of partners to enhance compliance to ILRI and donor guidelines.
• Make necessary follow ups to ensure timely payments to collaborators and ensure transfer advices are shared.
• Enter partner expenditure in Agresso and ensure relevant supporting documents are (scanned) uploaded.
Budgeting and Proposal Development:
• Provide advise especially in unit costs etc. towards development of proposal budgets.
• Prepare proposal budgets for review by PM and Project Leader before submission to Finance Manager.
• Support PM during institutional budgeting.
• Share project budgets (in recommended format) for uploading in Agresso.
• Review BvA reports frequently and share proposals for budget adjustments.
Review of Staff and Consultant Payments:
• Reviewing travel advance requests for compliance with ILRI policies.
• Reviewing travel expense reports to ensure that support documents (attendance lists, payment lists, per diem calculator, trip reports, original receipts etc.) have been attached;
• Ensuring the validity and accuracy of all submitted receipts by periodically sampling receipts/payments and clarifying sampled expenses with vendors/payees.
• Reviewing consultant ToRs to ensure all proposed payments are legitimate and fully supported and making the necessary entries in the financial system.
• Preparing reports on status of program staff and consultant accounts for P(g)Ms review.
• Train the alternate position all aspects of this job to ensure continuity.
• Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit.
• Help other unit members to learn and excel in their work.
• Can be called upon to work on tasks relating to other programs or sections within finance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Full accounting qualifications - CPA (K) or ACCA.
• At least three years of relevant work experience.
• Work experience in non-profit or international organization
• Work experience in both research and development organizations.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting software required – preferably Agresso
• Good computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.