Program Officers – Every Child Thrives (ECT) and COVID-19 extension and VAS programs
Jobs at:Helen Keller
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The name Helen Keller is known around the world as a symbol of courage in the face of overwhelming odds, yet she was much more than a symbol. She was a woman of luminous intelligence, high ambition and great accomplishment who devoted her life to helping others. Helen Keller, our co-founder, envisioned a world without barriers to human potential. Guided by her fierce optimism, we have been working on the front lines of health and well-being for more than 100 years. Working in 19 countries across Africa and Asia-as well as in the United States-we are dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty. .
Objective of the Project Officer Position:
1. Ensure quality implementation of the project
2. Monitor Project Progress and document the achievements
3. Strengthen Coordination with project stakeholders
4. Facilitate timely provision of project supplies and commodities.
• Ensure quality implementation of the project
o Develop monthly activity workplan and track the progress regularly
o Ensure activities are implemented within the approved budget
o Develop quality monthly, quarterly and annual project performance reports to share with donors and relevant stakeholders
o Ensure integration of project plans in the County health and nutrition annual work plan (AWPs) by actively participating in County planning and coordination meetings.
• Monitor Project Progress, and Document the achievements
o Track project performance and document achievements
o Document human interest stories, lessons learnt and best practices from the project implementation for learning and duplicating in other project areas
o Conduct day to day monitoring of the project and provide feedback to improve project performance
o Plan and implement project data reviews, document findings and recommendations and work with counties to implement the actions agreed.
• Organize project coordination forums with external and internal stakeholders**
o Represent Helen Keller Intl in county coordination forums
o Organize county project inception meetings, project planning, project closure meetings and other relevant forums that facilitate project implementation and feedback sharing.
o Ensure effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with the CHMTs and other partners within implementing counties**
o Act as the focal communication point for the project in the counties assigned.**
o Facilitate timely provision of project supplies and commodities
o Through respect of Helen Keller procurement processes and procedures, make timely request for supplies and commodities as detailed in the project procurement plan.
o Manage activity budget to ensure all expenses are within the approved limits and meet HKI standards regarding financial management, accountability, and good governance
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, public health or equivalent
• At least five years’ experience in humanitarian programs
• Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Good knowledge of vitamin A supplementation and deworming programs policies and strategies in Kenya.
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and operational research.
• Demonstrated experience working with health care workers and community health volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience in coordination and management of nutrition and health projects
• Ability to analyze data and produce quality reports
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of donors’ proposals, budgets, and reports
• Able to priorities clearly, oversee multiple tasks, set clear objectives for staff
• Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook;
• Commitment to accountability principals and knowledgeable of quality assurance.
• Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
• Creative, open-minded, flexible, and self-learner.
• Team Player with good interpersonal skills
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates to send their cover letter and a curriculum vitae to email@example.com The deadline of application is 1st February 2021.
HELEN KELLER INTL:
• DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
• DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
• DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individual with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.