Jobs at:Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT)
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management and Control
• Review and verify all invoices /payment programme vouchers for approval of payment. Review and verify all transactions posted into sub ledgers for all the programs.
• Prepare the general ledger and run the trial balance to confirm accuracy of the general ledger. Remit statutory deductions and taxes including but not limited to corporate tax, VAT, PAYE, withholding tax for all the programme activities.
• Review and verify bank reconciliations and supplier accounts for programme activities.
• Ensure adherence to internal controls, organizational policies, donor, and statutory regulations for all the program activities.
• Maintain Asset register and conduct asset verification exercise
• Carry out monthly inter-project reconciliation for all the program activities.
• Ensure effective management of Navision ERP line with approved project plans.
• Ensure effective filing, manual or electronic for all documentation
• Ensure configuration of the report set up in Navision
• Updating of MESPT programme budgets in Navision
• Co-ordinate, the risk management function including compilation of the risk register for the activities.
• Work with respective managers to develop operations annual and interim budgets.
• Confirm that proposed budgets adhere to organizational, donor, statutory and professional guidelines.
• Review the individual budgets and consolidate budgets to create the overall institutional budget for Board of Trustees approval.
Implementing Partner Reviews, Internal and External Audits
• Plan for partner reviews, Internal and External audits for all the programs activities
• Address issues raised in draft reports and management letters and give responses in terms of program activities.
• Undertake corrective and preventive actions identified by partner reviews and audits, investigations, or other assessment mechanisms within the agreed time frame in all the program activities.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Prepare monthly Financial Accounts and Management reports for review
• Discuss the reports with the respective managers to understand the reasons for any variance and document the same.
Policy, Procedure and Controls
• Develop procedures aligned to approved policies, ensure compliance, and effect controls and sensitize program staff on the financial & budgeting policies and procedures.
• Ensure all financial controls are put in place and monitor the same.
• Conduct staff sensitization sessions periodically to keep staff abreast of policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance/Audit
• Experience in using financial software
• Solid Knowledge of Financial and accounting procedures
• Excellent understanding of Financial ERP system
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS and its application and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
• Experience of handling financial projects in Agribusiness will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of financial Regulations
• Self‐motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software’s
• Good analytical and critical thinking skills, with a proven capability to provide gainful insight, practical and pragmatic solutions to programme challenges with a bias towards action and resolving issues quickly
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Highly organized individual in planning activities and tracking activity implementation.
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Related Field from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning
• CPA (K) holder or equivalent professional qualification
• Professional Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
• Knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access,) and statistical related packages
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters indicating their current/last remuneration, detailed CV with email address, daytime telephone contacts, names, and email contacts of 3 professional referees, 2 must have supervised you at some point, with one being your most recent supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference and Job Title in the subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.