Programme Associate (Nutrition)
Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In response to the worrying nutrition situation, WFP provides nutrition services through its curative and preventive interventions: targeted supplementary feeding programme (TSFP) for treating moderately malnourished children under 5 years (U5) and pregnant and lactating women (PLWS); blanket supplementary feeding programme (BSFP); Maternal & Child health nutrition programmes (MCHN) for children U2 and PLWs; and food by prescription treatment for specific vulnerable groups (People leaving with HIV/AIDS-PLWHA and TB-DOTS clients. Additionally, the mothers giving delivery in medical institutions/centres receive one off food support as an incentive for promoting institution-based delivery. PLWs in selected areas receive E-vegetables(electronic vouchers to procure fresh fruits and vegetables):the cash-based transfers aiming at diet diversification in addition to the health services available at the MCHN clinics. Social Behavioural change communication and health and nutrition messaging is an integral feature of all the nutrition services as well as other platforms WFP delivers wherever possible.
WFP Somalia is implementing the interim Country Strategic Plan (ICSP 2019-2021) in support of the government’s effort to achieve zero hunger. The implementation of ICSP demands a close engagement with the government and the nutrition partners. The nutrition associate will support to improve the quality and coverage of nutrition programmes. Additionally, the associate will ensure that nutrition programmes meet the needs of beneficiaries within the country by providing mentorship on nutrition strategies, programme design and implementation.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Associate under the direct supervision of Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) and overall supervision of Head of Nutrition and School Meals will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition related activities and processes supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various nutrition activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
• Prepare a range of reports by analyzing data (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring results adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data for the nutrition programmes and ensure consistency of information presented to partners.
• Closely collaborate with functional unit to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Coordinate and connect with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
• Support area offices, cooperating partners and national government staff on operational matters within the specific technical area and refer to the supervisor wherever required.
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
• Conduct regular monitoring and field visits to programme sites for evaluating programme efficiency, identifying problems, and instituting remedial measures.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP quickly responds and deploys needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
• Other duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.