Programme Management Officer - Budget and Finance
Jobs at:World Health Organization (WHO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Within the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
During the complete operational period:
• Prepare draft and final proposals as well as technical reports for regional and country-level activities to donors based on inputs received from technical teams and messages from the External Relations (EXR) team.
• Monitor funding proposals, grants implementation rates and reporting deadlines in accordance with donors' specific reporting schedules and requirements.
• Facilitate the end-to-end process of issuance of Awards in ECM for all AF/EPR grants, their administration/monitoring process, utilization, event and reporting.
• Work with technical units at all levels of the organization to facilitate and consolidate the results of operational planning, in particular to define the resource requirements for WHO/WHE activities as well as the staff and non-staff costs.
• Disseminate information to RO and CO levels on standard policies and procedures for resource and grant management, compile information on best practices and lessons learned; serve as a reference point for ROs/COs in this regard.
• Monitor interventions and programmes funded by grants to ensure compliance with established WHO rules and procedures and donor requirements Identify gaps in the process and recommend corrective actions.
• Contribute to the financial management of AF/EPR designated, flexible and specified funds.
• Update and maintain the global grant and finance tracking system for WHO's work in humanitarian emergencies to monitor deadlines for submission of proposals and reports to donors.
• Contribute to a smooth HR financial management in collaboration with EPR HR Unite.
• Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing quality control, monitoring and clearance, financial accounting and reporting, work-plan and award management; Manage funding allocations and awards process, ensure expenditures are appropriately charged to awards in line with the conditions in agreements with donors; ensure compliance with relevant financial policies, procedures and emergency SOPs. Track and report on financing against budget: monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, analyse and prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend remedial or alternative action to mangers as appropriate.
• Coordinate the preparation, the review and submission of donor and internal reports in the given timeframe
• Perform other related duties including replacing and backstopping as required.
• University degree with specialization in accountancy, business administration, public finance, management, or closely related field.
• An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or public administration.
• Additional certification in financial management, accounting/accountancy.
• Minimum of five years professional experience, at the national and international level, in finance, budget/accounting. Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar packages. Five years of experience at national and at least two years at international level.
• Experience working in donor relations in the context of emergency work.
• Prior experience in supporting emergency or health outbreak operations at the field level. Relevant experience with WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization;
• Experience in developing frameworks and timelines for donor submissions.
• Ability to work and produce results under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, tact and discretion Sound judgment and initiative
• Excellent analytical and drafting/writing skills are essential
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.