Programme Manager- Neglected Tropical Diseases
Jobs at:Programme Manager- Neglected Tropical Diseases
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main purpose of the role:
To manage a high-quality portfolio of investment proposals and active programmes, that deliver the CIFF NTD priorities.
CIFF’s NTD Strategy (as part of the overall Africa strategy) is an ambitious shift from morbidity control to elimination and transmission break of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) with parasitic worms, trachoma and other NTDs prioritized. This role is required to provide high quality technical and operational leadership in the existing and new NTD investments and identify new opportunities and develop new investment pipelines.
Strategy & planning
• Prepare and present high-quality analysis and research, as required, to support the new and existing NTD investments and determining future strategic priorities and setting operational plans.
Programme development, delivery & performance
• Lead a caseload of live programmes with a value of about USD 60 million of active investments with ambition to double in size and resources in accordance with the Africa strategy (which incorporates CIFF’s NTD strategy).
• Lead grant planning and implementation processes and ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of NTD with other sectors, for the achievement of the NTD output.
• Against key corporate and Sector Team indicators and targets, monitor and report internally on the performance of assigned caseload.
• Apply agreed due diligence and risk management protocols appropriately throughout the development and delivery of proposals and programmes, to ensure the interests and reputation of the Foundation are protected.
• Conduct structured feasibility analysis on investment proposals, using an appropriate range of methodologies and techniques, to ensure they are based on logical and robust assumptions, which can withstand scrutiny from the Executive Team and CIFF Board.
• With the advice and guidance of the Evidence, Measurement and Evaluation (EME) Business Partner, identify and embed appropriate monitoring and evaluation processes to all proposals and programmes.
• Conduct regular reviews of the progress and performance of programmes under delivery to identify problems and delays, and work with partners to develop effective solutions (escalating to more senior colleagues for support and intervention, where required).
• Work as part of the NTD team, and senior colleagues within the Sector Team, to shape and implement plans for scaling up, replicating or leveraging additional support for successful programmes and initiatives, in accordance with Foundation priorities.
• Lead team members based in the Addis and London offices responsible for day to day operational support and work with implementing partners to develop more effective technical and business approaches.
• Identify opportunities and options for improving processes, procedures and programme management approaches within (and beyond) the team, to support increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Sector knowledge and profile-building
• Keep abreast of developments within the NTD sector focus, notably deworming, neglected tropical diseases, school health and broader international development sectors, establishing appropriate information gathering networks and channels to deepen professional knowledge and skills.
• As required (and under the direction of more senior colleagues), contribute to the development of thought leadership, PR, marketing and advocacy materials, to support CIFF’s ambitions to scale-up, mainstream and leverage additional support for its initiatives.
Stakeholder and partner management
• Conduct rigorous research and evaluation of potential partners, using agreed corporate protocols and techniques, to assess their suitability and credentials for collaborating on CIFF initiatives.
• Apply CIFF’s agreed account management and CRM disciplines and approaches in all dealings with programme partners and stakeholders, to ensure productive and professional relationships are maintained in a coordinated and strategic manner.
• Under direction of more senior colleagues, help to develop strategic partnerships to support adoption, replication, co-funding or scaling-up of CIFF programmes.
• With a variety of external audiences, act as a knowledgeable resource about CIFF’s programmes and priority areas.
Membership of the team
• Provide coaching and mentoring support to colleagues, as required, to help build skills, confidence and capability in particular areas, processes or procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to post graduate level or equivalent in epidemiology, public health disease control or other medical or health related specialization or equivalent by experience.
• Demonstrable experience in analysis and due diligence; policy, planning and programme delivery, including field experience, all within the health or development sector.
• The successful candidate will have significant experience of designing and developing effective programmes with clear sustainability pathways.
• Knowledge of the evidence bases pertaining to programme design and implementation in public health- particularly in NTD sector.
• Ability to speak and write articulately about programmes for children, and gain credibility with a variety of audiences.
• Strong working knowledge of programme management
• Working knowledge of impact measurement and programme monitoring and evaluation
• Ability to analyze an organization’s strength of management, vision and adaptive capacity. Ability to recruit, guide, influence and/or advice management teams to effectively implement programmes.
• Experience working within government systems and/or experience of influencing the policies of government agencies, private sector organizations or donor organizations particularly in NTD sector.
• A self-starter, with resilience, pace, and interpersonal flexibility.
• An innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mindset
• Strong influencing skills
• Belief in the importance of evidence-based decision making
• Willingness to travel regularly.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
• Additional language skills will be an advantage.
• CIFF Board members
• All other CIFF departments and teams
• International partners and stakeholders – e.g. DFID, World Bank, USAID et al
• International charities and NGOs – e.g. Gates Foundation, Save the Children, Oxfam et al
• National governments and local NGO partners in priority geographies
• Research and academic institutions active within sector specialism
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Childrens Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) on apply.workable.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.