Programme Policy Officer (Partnerships), FT NOA
Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) works in Somalia to strengthen institutions, food systems and livelihoods for sustainable food and nutrition security, and to address urgent food and nutrition needs.
WFP Somalia is recruiting for the below position based in Nairobi. .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will work directly under the Head of Partnerships Unit and will be responsible for the below duties:
• Supervise Partnership Unit team leaders; provide technical training and guidance as required;
• Contribute towards partnership proposals review, ensuring accuracy of the documents submitted, in compliance with corporate rules and regulations and Country Office specific Standard Operating Procedures;
• Contribute towards ensuring Cooperating Partner Committee processes are followed and Field Level Agreements are prepared timely;
• Supervise the Cooperating Partners profiling, due diligence, capacity assessment and performance evaluation ensuring compliance with guidelines;
• Supervise the documentation and analysis of performance evaluations for existing partners and capacity assessments for new partners, to identify capacity-strengthening gaps and provide support to Areas Offices in formulating improvement plans to enhance effective and efficient Programme implementation;
• Manage Cooperating Partners profiles registration ensuring partnership engagement with WFP is completed through the UN Partner Portal;
• Collaborate closely and coordinate with internal counterparts to ensure close track is kept on the Country Office Cash-Based Transfers programme; keeping track of grants timeline as well as donor requirements; ensuring Cash Based Transfers to beneficiaries’ processes are timely actioned including programming, allocation and utilisation;
• Oversee timely recording of WFP activities both Cash-based transfers and In-Kind plan Needs Based Plan, and Field Level Agreements and actuals in the WFP Country Office Tool for Managing (Programme operations) optimally; includes timely preparation of Partnership Agreements, Food Release Notes, distribution report for Cash-based Transfers and In-Kind in line with WFP procedures;
• Collaborate closely with internal counterparts to ensure efficient management of Programme resources including Cooperating Partners transfer costs for Cash-based Transfers and In-kind;
• Supervise Cooperating Partners payment processes for timely reimbursement in compliance with the International Public Service Accounting System; (including timely creation and release of Service Outline Agreements, Purchase Orders and posting of Service Entry Sheets in WFP corporate system);
• Support capacity strengthening efforts of Cooperating Partners;
• Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely internal and external reports;
• Act as the Officer in Charge in the absence of the Head of Partnership;
• Any other related duties.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.