Programme Policy Officer (Relief, Livelihoods, Resilience & Climate Change)
Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Somalia’s Interim Country Strategic Plan 2019-2021 focuses on a new strategic shift towards strengthening resilience of communities; recognizing the interconnected nature of relief, nutrition, safety nets, food systems, capacity strengthening and partnerships, addressing some of the above causes within the context of chronic drought and frequent climate-related shocks as well as rapid urbanization and associated urban vulnerabilities.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of relief, resilience, livelihoods and climate change, and the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide technical oversight, mentorship and supervision to the relief, livelihoods (both food for assets and vocational training), resilience and climate change technical team, Area Offices and partners;
e implementation of the projects, including through oversight on resources and activities; • Inform WFP internal planning processes related to relief and livelihoods, including through review of the implementation plan and monthly distribution plan for the related activities;
• Manage, prioritize and plan for resources to ensure that activities are implemented according to plan;
• Provide capacity building to partners and staff at field level, which includes introduction and linkages to new technologies, field demonstrations and sites visits and sharing of standard methodologies
• Support programme implementation through review of relief and livelihood proposals and presentation of project proposals for relief & livelihoods activities to the Country Project Committee.
• Participate in the review of Monitoring & Evaluation tools and Cooperating Partners reporting formats for relief, livelihoods and resilience activities;
• Use knowledge base to advise programme improvement and design;
• Participate in support and supervision missions to project sites to supervise progress and assist Area Offices in resolving challenges and ensuring compliance and maintenance of standards of projects;
• Develop and provide inputs for donor funding proposals and donor reports;
• Participate in the development of the Humanitarian Response Plan – Food security component as well as related reporting:
• Provide mentorship for Calls for Proposals, based on community action plans and seasonal analysis and response plans;
• Ensure that project information and database repository is kept up to date, provide activity briefs and information for communication and reporting;
• Prepare briefing and communications materials, photos and beneficiary stories on relief, livelihood and resilience and climate change activities;
• Participate in relevant inter-agency groups and contribute to related documents and discussions; including but not limited to water task force, Resilience and Climate Change Strategy meetings;
• Participation in the food security cluster meetings on behalf of WFP;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.