Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key duties and accountabilities include: Fund management:
• Operationalize the SJF’s Terms of Reference by supporting the Fund’s governance, programme development, and reporting processes
• Contribute to the implementation, monitoring, and periodic review of the SJF's Investment and Resource Mobilization strategy and associated results framework
• Support the production of SJF reports and communication material to highlight programmatic results and fund-level impact
• Support the design results frameworks for the SJF aligned with other relevant frameworks, including the UN Cooperation Framework
• Support communication and marketing initiatives for the SJF
• Develop an updated operations manual for the SJF, in cooperation with the SJF Operations Specialist
• Together with the SJF Operations Specialist and M&E Specialist maintain a fund performance dashboard to track implementation progress across the portfolio
• Support the preparation of the semi-annual/annual reports and other briefings for partners and stakeholders as and when required.
• Coordinate with the MPTF Office to facilitate information flow, including the provision of Fund-related data for the MPTF Gateway
• Provide programme design support, guidance, updates, and information to implementing partners and other fund stakeholders
• Provide technical advice and innovative approaches to the full programming cycle, from inception and design to implementation and evaluation of programme results
• Guide delivery of technical assistance, capacity development, and engagement with implementing partners
• Support the UN Results Groups to identify joint programming opportunities for the SJF
• Build, manage, and expand relationships with partners to support coordinated implementation of programmes
• Organize joint field missions by programme teams
• Promote synergies and interlinkages between programmes and SJF Windows and feed data and analysis from programmes into design and implementation of other programmes
• Represent the SJF in the UN Somalia Programme Management Team and other internal coordination fora
• Coordinate with other UN administered pooled funds (Peacebuilding Fund and Somalia Humanitarian Fund) to explore opportunities for co-investment and coordinated delivery
• Monitor and analyze delivery and status of individual programmes against the SJF strategy and results frameworks
• Harvest, compile, and analyze information generated across the fund portfolio to feed into strategic discussions with fund stakeholders on investment pipeline.
• Coordinate and contribute to the active exchange of information with the programme teams of all windows
• Support the chronicling and communication of knowledge products and good practices on progamming pooled funds in complex settings.
• Cooperate closely with Integrated Office units, UNSOM, and UN Country Team on UN-wide data and analysis functions to support UN programming through the SJF and other UN-administered pooled funds.
• Provide advice and support to other units in the Integrated Office, including the PBF secretariat
• Other tasks as required
• Together with SJF Operations Specialist, deputize the MPTF Senior Trust Fund Manager when required
• Master's degree in social policy, public policy, politics, law, economics, development studies or a related area.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
• At least five years progressive experience of working with development, humanitarian response, political affairs, or programme management in the UN system, international organization, or government
• Experience of working with bilateral donors or UN pooled funding instruments an advantage
• Knowledge of programme design, results-based management, M&E approaches, the UN development system, and the 2030 Agenda
• Experience in providing support to diverse actors on fund management, programme design and implementation, and strategic planning
• Experience working in conflict/post-conflict environments, especially in the Horn of Africa, constitutes a significant advantage
• Good planning, facilitation, communication skills with ability to transfer knowledge and skills in complex institutional environment
• Proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization, maximizing coordination and cooperation
• Excellent drafting skills is a significant advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.