Jobs at:CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 09 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, May 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is an Italian Non-Governmental Organisation established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
CEFA will coordinate the implementation of the project Kujenga Amani-Building Peace on the Swahili Coast, co-funded by the European Union, and taking place in the coastal and bordering areas of Kenya, Tanzania, and Mozambique. In Kenya, the implementation areas will be Kwale and Mombasa Counties.
The general objective of the action is to empower and mobilize young women and men in the coastal area of Kenya, Mozambique, and Tanzania as lead actors in peacebuilding and dialogue processes, while the specific objectives are a) to strengthen Swahili coast communities’ resilience to prevent and counter violence and conflict through the dissemination of positive narratives and opportunities for dialogue and exchange, and b) to foster leadership, agency and socio-political inclusion of young men and women in the Swahili coast regions, as agents for change in the promotion of peacebuilding processes and prevention of identity-based violence.
Objectives and general characteristics
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day cash management, transaction recording, and accounting system updating on a daily basis for CEFA, as well as the review and consolidation of the financial reports for the Consortium partners in Kenya.
(S)he will report to the Program Administrator (PA), as well as to the Project Manager (PM) for all financial and accounting-related activities.
• Record all transactions into the accounting system while ensuring proper coding as assigned and exhaustive description of all the expenses;
• Ensure that monthly accounting documents from the field office are submitted to PA within the set date of each month.
• Prepare and process all project related financial transactions into CEFA’s Accounting System (such as vouchers, requisitions, etc.);
• Support the PA and PM in maintaining monthly bank and cash reconciliations
• Comply with CEFA financial system and help staff to understand and work with them as needed;
• Provide support in all other accounting matters to the CEFA and project partners’ staff;
• Review and consolidate the financial reports received from project partners, and provide technical assistance when needed;
• Support the PM to manage and account for day-to-day cash inflows and outflows ensuring proper systems and procedures;
• Management and disbursement of petty cash, in line with CEFA’s internal policies and procedures and in coordination with the PA and with the PM;
• Ensure operations adhere to CEFA’s and the donor’s internal policies and regulations;
• Maintain an up to date Inventory register for the project and ensure all assets are properly tagged.
• Ensure that all administrative and financial records are properly kept and filed;
• Support all audit processes availing documents as needed;
• When needed, handle logistical requests for the project;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Accounting or Economics;
• Minimum of 2 (two) years of work experience as an Accountant preferably with an international NGOs;
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, , PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with computerized Accounting packages will be an added advantage
• Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Accurate and precise work style;
• Ability to use own initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
• S(he) abides by and demonstrates adherence to NGO values, including integrity, honesty, professionalism, transparency, non-discrimination, inclusion and respect for diversity, as well as cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Project Accountant - Kujenga Amani
The application shall include all of the following:
CV, including 3 reference contacts (only official work email will be accepted) – at least one of your latest job
Cover letter (1 page maximum)
The applications received will be revised on a rolling basis and the Management can close the vacancy before the indicated deadline as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.