Jobs at:Cedar Consulting Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
24 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensure all transactions are promptly and correctly captured and posted to project accounts, in compliance with the chart of accounts, financial policies, IFRS and the accounting guidelines from the donor.
• Maintain oversight on the project’s overall budget in liaison with the project manager and action re-allocations as guided by the agreement.
• Maintain oversight on the project transactions and the expenditure by GAKB and the consortium partners within the confines of allowable and disallowable expenses.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for the project (both at GAKB and the consortium level) and share with the project manager within the financial reporting timelines.
• Prepare quarterly reports in line with the donor requirements (at GAKB and the consortium level) on timely basis for review by the Senior Finance Manager and the project manager and for validation by the Deputy Director Finance before sharing with the donor/donor representative.
• Ensure all project expenses and staff advances are processed accurately and on timely basis and escalate any challenges to Senior Finance Manager.
• Serve as the Liaison person on all financial matters relating to the project with the project manager, consortium partners, GAKB and the donor/donor representatives.
• Ensure that all accounting and corporate documentation is filed in accordance with the country and donor’s document retention rules and internal information policy.
• Ad hoc accounting support as may be required from time to time by the Senior Finance Manager and/or Head of department.
• Support GAKB team in payment processing for Grants and Consultancies in line with the set internal processes.
• Ensure financial documentation for payment under the project is prepared in line with required authorizations and processes.
• In cases where the consortium partners are pre-financed by the donor, ensure follow up through the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that the same is executed in a timely manner.
• Follow up with the consortium partners on the reconciliation of the pre-financed accounts on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• For the partners who are on a reimbursable arrangement with the donor, follow up with the donor/donor representatives to ensure that the reimbursement is done in a timely manner.
• Support the GAKB team in processing of staff travel advances, retiring the same in the system and following up on overdue retirements.
• Support GAKB team in preparation of the monthly cash requests with all the supporting documents thereto.
Systems and Audit
• Ensure that all transactions and documents relating to the project are accurately kept and that they are retrievable for audit purposes.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager on all matters availing to audits and tax matters relating to the project.
• Assist in the preparation of the project year-end audit files for GAKB and the consortium partners, liaising with the auditors throughout their review.
• Ensure that all taxes relating to the project are filed accurately and timely.
Support to GA Kenya
• Proper coding and booking of transactions into the accounting system
• Support the finance GAKB team in processing of staff travel advances, retiring the same in the system and following up on overdue retirements.
• Filing of all supporting documentation
• Support the implementation of PSF/Athena system including participating in rollout of any system add-ons e.g. the Expense module, and budget and forecast coding and upload
• Support the Senior Finance Manager on all matters relating to audits and tax
• Support management accounting and reporting activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Support the finance activities related to the winding down of KMT and Msingi
• Any other finance support as may be required
• Extremely organized, able to structure workflow in an orderly manner and prioritize tasks in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
• Deadline orientated and multi-tasker, able to handle multiple assignments and deliver on time on all tasks
• Rigorous attention to detail. Committed to achieving the highest quality in all aspects of the role
• Team player, ability to work well within a team and to develop strong and effective working relationships internally and externally
• Excellent communication both written and oral. Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and sensitively, with an outgoing personality.
• Self-starter. Able to identify what needs to be done and takes the initiative, without waiting to be told.
Qualifications, experience, and expectations
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a mid-level finance role in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related subject
• Qualified Accountant with ACCA, CPA Part 2 or similar professional qualification
• Experience using financial systems, policies, and procedures, including experience of accounting software packages.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both written and verbal
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.