Jobs at:Child Fund International
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Accountant Safe CLICS will be:
General Accounting and Bookkeeping:
• Ensure expenditures and supporting documents follow donor’s regulation/audit requirements and are coded correctly.
• Payment processing: matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are duly approved subject to approval limits and raise payment vouchers for the same.
• Receive and review accountability declaration form. Suggest refunding if there are any rejections of expenses due to unacceptable supporting documents.
• Cash planning & management: ensure appropriate cash planning and management for the project.
• Participate in Country Office month-end closure processes and procedures.
• In partnership with Senior Accountant, ensure grants revenues are correctly recorded and appropriate ICR and Shared Program Costs are recognized/charged in accordance with Grant terms and conditions
Compliance and Reporting:
• Ensures that proper internal controls exist for all financial activities including compliance with donor’s financial regulations.
• Pro-actively rise issues and concerns with the multi-grant accountant to ensure ChildFund remains in compliance with donor contract and regulations
• Prepare accurate donor financial reports in donor format in a timely manner
• Support audit and internal reviews processes and the resolution and closure of audit recommendation/corrective actions.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Finance or Accounting, and minimum CPA IV.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience with 1 year experience in INGO preferable.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive working relationships on the basis of trust, friendliness and respect with a high degree of analytical ability.
• Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Capacity planning, organizing and self-direction, ability to work independently and under pressure for effective decision making, using common sense and professionalism.
• Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Products including excel.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential financial information.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.