Jobs at:European Committee for Training and Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day cash management, transaction recording, and accounting system updating on a daily basis, and for ensuring correctness of support documentation for the projects implemented. He/she will report to the Program Administrator (PA) and collaborate with the Project Manager (PM) for all financial and accounting-related activities. The project Accountant will support the reporting on expenditures related to projects implemented in Somalia, and will collaborate with the team in the regional office (Nairobi) as well as field team based in Somalia.
• Record all transactions into the accounting system while ensuring proper coding as assigned and exhaustive description of all the expenses;
• Coordinate with field teams in Somalia to ensure that monthly project accounting documents are received, verified, recorded and properly filed;
• Prepare and process all project related financial transactions into CEFA’s Accounting System (such as vouchers, requisitions, etc.);
• Support the PA and PM in maintaining monthly bank and cash reconciliations and ensuring the trial balances are reconciled every month;
• Comply with CEFA financial system and help staff to understand and work with them as needed;
• Provide support in all other financial matters in collaboration with the PA and PM;
• Support the PM to manage and account for day-to-day cash inflows and outflows ensuring proper systems and procedures;
• Preparation of payrolls and statutory deductions, in line with CEFA internal policies and local norms and legislations;
• Follow up on Partners supporting: compile and check expenditures and supporting documents of project implementing partners;
• Archiving and filing staff contracts and HR documents;
• Management and disbursement of petty cash, in line with CEFA’s internal policies and procedures and in coordination with the PA and with the PM;
• Ensure operations adhere to CEFA’s and the donor’s internal policies and regulations;
• Maintain an up to date Inventory register for the project and ensure all assets are properly tagged.
• Ensure timely payment of all statutory taxes to the relevant national authority/institution;
• Ensure that all administrative and financial records are properly kept and filed based on;
• Ensure monthly PIT/withholding remittance to the Authority within the set time frame at all times;
• Facilitate all audit processes availing documents as needed;
• When needed, handle logistical requests for the project;
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Accounting or Economics;
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience as accountant;
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience as an Accountant with NGOs;
• Familiarity with the Microsoft package. Good professional use of MS Excel is mandatory. Familiarity with computerized accounting packages will be a definite added advantage. Knowledge of QuickBooks is desired.
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken);
• Accurate and precise work style;
• Ability to use own initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 19/02/2023
Email Subject: ACCOUNTANT SOMALIA CEFA
The application shall include all of the following:
• CV, including 3 reference contacts (only official work email will be accepted) – at least one of your latest job.
• Cover letter (1-page maximum)
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.