Jobs at:North Star Alliance
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Financial record keeping.
• Entering various transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis and filing all financial records appropriately in line with the filing system.
• Ensuring that Roadside Wellness Centres are well supplied in a timely manner.
• Processing Purchase orders and payments.
• Ensuring that all requisite procurement procedures have been followed and the requisite support documentation is available and appropriately filed.
• Preparing donor reports and submitting them within the stipulated deadlines.
• Preparing internal financial reports (Budget monitoring reports, etc) on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
• Maintaining the Assets register. Updating regularly and arranging for Assets verification twice a year.
• Carrying out bank and other accounts reconciliations and preparing reconciliation statements on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
• Ensuring that all bills and statutory deductions are paid in time to avoid penalties.
• Arranging for physical cash counts once a quarter at the centre level.
• Ensuring adherence to the financial procedures.
• Participating in Budget preparation and review.
• Maintaining Project records
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required and respond to any queries raised.
• Prepare and submit statutory reports and tax returns related to project on a timely manner.
• Maintain project staff records
• Receive, review and file project staff time sheets
• Prepare the project Payroll.
• Close out project accounts upon project completion.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance and Human Resource Manager.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• At least 3 years’ experience in project accounting
• Working knowledge of USAID funded projects is a must.
• A good understanding of the health landscape in Kenya would also be desirable.
• Proficiency in electronic accounting systems.
• An excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above criteria, kindly submit your application letter and CV online (indicating your expected salary) on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 26th February 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.