Project Finance Administrator
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Kenya has been implementing sustainable health solutions that align with Kenya’s needs and priorities for nearly three decades. As a locally registered organization, PATH Kenya forges close partnerships with local and national leaders and communities to tackle complex health challenges, strengthen health systems, and improve outcomes.
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is funded by PEPFAR and implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a core partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Project Finance Administrator to support the administration of USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project. The incumbent will be the custodian of the internal controls put in place to ensure that the project meets its deliverables, complies with PATH polices, donor regulations and statutory requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide timely first level review and approval for the project’s activities and expenses.
• Act as the custodian of the policies and procedures put in place by PATH to safeguard the operations of the project.
• Analyze the project’s expenses and prepare project pipeline status monthly.
• Prepare quarterly accrual reports.
• Track the project’s deliverables and ensure timely update in salesforce.
• Capacity to build the project staff on matters compliance and efficient resources utilization.
• Assist in the review of the contracting mechanisms, including purchase orders, consultants’ agreements and sub awards.
• Support the preparation and monitoring of the projects annual and life of the project budgets.
• Ensure compliance with the project’s award terms and conditions
• Assist in building appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend, and account for donor funds.
• Carry out regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues including intervening where necessary.
• Support and foster partnership and collaborative initiatives between the finance and program teams.
• Review procurement contractor justifications.
• Carryout any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field plus a full CPA(CPA-K) or ACCA qualification. Relevant master’s degree is an added advantage
• At least five years’ experience in financial management or administration.
• Excellent analytical, financial management and budgeting skills.
• Experience in financial forecasting and reporting.
• Ability to coordinate project work involving team members at junior and senior levels across the organization.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor requirements.
• Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, outlook, and SharePoint, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and use them successfully.
• Project management experience is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
• A high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyze information
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.