Project Finance Manager
Jobs at:Northern Rangelands Trust
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 13 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Oversees all aspects of project financial management and operations, including financial and accounting systems implementation; forecasting; budgeting; procurement; payroll expenditure tracking; and financial reporting as well as overall project oversight.
• Prepares periodic financial reports to headquarters finance and ensures timely submission to USAID per award requirements.
• S/he will be in charge of onboarding, training, monitoring sub-awardees under the grant to ensure compliance from them within the grant.
• Report to the Chief of Party on matters including, but not limited, to: operational field accounts, bank reconciliation/statements, office advance requests, and other day-to-day project administration issues.
• Supervise the recording, classifying, and summarizing of the financial transactions of the project activity ensuring the financial management system provides both internal and external users with reports that are compliant with donor regulations as well as legal, tax and other statutory compliance requirements.
• S/he will be in charge of forecasting, as well as leading on and guiding on instances of budget realignments.
• Review and provide guidance and coaching to project finance staff ensuring accuracy, correctness and completeness of transactions recorded.
• Ensure timeliness of required financial reports to project managers, NRT leadership, donors, government partners and Board Members are met as well as ensuring that all reported costs comply with the cost principles of reasonability, allowability and allocability.
• Maintain and develop tools for monitoring project cash, working capital and providing liquidity forecasts.
• Support the project activity team in developing and implementing work plan budgets specific to identified project goals and objectives.
• Supervise the various audits undertaken at project level i.e., statutory, internal and donor audits.
• Monitor project burn rates to ensure activities are implemented within required timelines and funds are available as and when required.
• Draft, review, and negotiate contracts (including service agreements, purchase orders, etc.), ensuring all required contractual terms and conditions are included while obtaining the best value to the project.
• Responsible for managing the entire pre and post award USAID sub grant process including activities such as: choice of appropriate subaward mechanisms and monitoring sub-recipients performance to ensure sound financial management, operations, and compliance; contributing to capacity building of local partners in administration and financial management.
• Monitor fund advances to subgrantees and/or community conservancies to ensure activities undertaken are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the subgrants agreements.
• Oversee training and technical support to project team and subgrantees for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control to ensure compliance with USAID rules & regulations.
Academic, Professional, Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
• Post graduate degree in Finance/Accounting. CPA/ACCA finalist and member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) membership with good standing.
• 8+ years of progressive experience in an NGO with program management, and finance/budget management and financial reporting and compliance with USAID funded projects in Kenya.
• Knowledge of local regulatory reporting requirements including taxation laws.
• Familiarity with USG FARs and USG contracting rules is a plus.
• Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to work with financial management systems and software. Knowledge of Sage Accounting Software is a plus.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in financial management, grant management and accounting, USAID Compliance, HR management, local labour law and contracts management.
• Excellent track record of good interpersonal supervision, leadership, and managerial skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP and accrual basis accounting and experience month end and year end closing procedures.
• Attention to detail, desire for structure and organization, assertiveness, and pride in high quality work. Experience reviewing financials and documentation for accuracy and improvement.
• Work independently to complete assignments, while knowing limits of knowledge and when to seek help.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations.
• Very strong leadership capacities to guide dialogue activities in mixed groups.
• Organizational and presentation skills.
• Builds effective teams.
• Ability to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately.
• Willingness to work at the NRT HeadQuarters based in the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their application including a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting relevant experience, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Monday, 5th June 2023 to: email@example.com.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Internship candidates should submit their credentials and addressed it to the following:
• To reach us by close of business on Thursday, 8th June 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to: The Operations Director, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo-60300. KINDLY INDICATE CLEARLY IN YOUR APPLICATION THE AREA YOU ARE APPLYING. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.