Project Finance Officer
Jobs at:Human Asset Consultants
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Roles and Responsibilities.
Accounting and Programme Finance
• Prepare vouchers of payment, receipt and journals relating to cash transactions against approved bills/invoices in relation to the project.
• Ensure proper process documentation of all financial transactions
• Ensure proper filing of finance related documentation
• Update the donor financial reports and arrange for timely requests for funds
• Verify the project expenses against approved budget and protocol
• Ensure compliance organizational policy in regard to advances for project related visits
• Ensure all supporting documentation are available with voucher before payment as per donor & organizational compliance
• Checking the correctness of retirements of travel advances/impress and ensuring that they are well supported for further authorizations
• Ensure process and policy has been followed regarding procurement.
• Undertake other general finance duties as required to facilitate the smooth running of accounting and project finance activities.
Budget Management & Cost control
• Assist the Project Manager in operational management of project funds e.g. budgeting/forecasting, documentation and spending.
• Provide information to program team in relation to budget and expenditure
• Support in preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports
• Prepare monthly budget variance report and share with management
• Undertake other general finance duties as required to facilitate smooth functioning of accounting and project finance activities.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or any other related subject.
• CPA finalist
• At least 2 years’ experience of donor funded project reporting.
• Good experience and knowledge of accounting data processing and report generating
• Knowledge about tax and statutory requirements
• Knowledge on donor compliance, rules, and regulation especially USAID preferred
• Data analysis skill
• Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of organizational procedures and guidelines
• Experience and knowledge on donor financial monitoring
• Communication and report writing skill
• Demonstrate pro-activeness and responsiveness
• Ability to work as a team player and contribute to improve team performance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.