Project Finance Officer
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of role
Reporting to the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM), the post-holder will be responsible for finance compliance and risk management for various projects. The focus being economic empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal employment and increased equitable access to health services, education, and jobs/self-employment for people with disabilities.
About the role of Project Finance Officer
Sightsavers Kenya are looking for a highly skilled, driven and results orientated Project Finance Officer to join their team. If you are an agile accounting professional with experience within international development and looking to progress your career in a dynamic environment this opportunity is for you.
Key responsibilities and not limited to:
• Working with project staff and partner organisations to assist them in planning, budgeting and financial management
• Overseeing partners’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing, and compliance to agreed donor rules and regulations and Sightsavers procedures and policies
• Building financial and budget management capacity of partner organisation through training and support
• Improving the capacity of Sightsavers programme staff to understand and uphold both Sightsavers and donor financial policies and procedures
• Proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Project Finance Officer
• Proven work experience within international development holding fully qualified status with CPA or equivalent
• Or tertiary degree in finance and accounting with part qualification with CPA
• Proven track record of working in a busy accounting department with working knowledge of audit, grant management, contract management
• Highly numerate
• Strong knowledge of Excel and financial software packages
• Excellent communication and organisation
• Ability to work alone and in a team
• Adaptable and reliable
• Previous experience within an international development organisation in a similar role advantageous
• Sun System knowledge
• Familiar working closely with institutional donors such as DfID, USAID, GIZ advantageous
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.