Project Management Consultant
Jobs at:Fondazione L’Albero Della Vita Onlus (FADV)
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, June 24 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, June 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key expected Deliverables and output:
• Inception Report- detailing the consultant’s understanding and expertise in project management and proposals towards achieving the objectives;
• A pre-project Assessment Report- on legal, policy, strategies and interventions and stakeholders to be involved in the RISE project
• Organize and facilitate at least 7 Technical Working Group workshops.
• A comprehensive well thought out and validated policy document to inform strategic planning and resource mobilization for support of Education and Alternative Family Care for children and youth in conflict with the law in Kenya .
• A guideline document on the aftercare framework for children and youth in conflict with the law
• Final Project Report.
• At least 5 years of experience in Project Management Consultancy in policy making, child justice sector, partnership development, lobbying and advocacy, strategic analysis and development of innovative strategies
• Experience in working with Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in Kenya; an understanding of the operations of the Special Task force on children matters of the NCAJ will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations.
• Demonstrated capacity of delivering as per schedule and working under pressure.
• Experience in working with diverse teams, and demonstrated ability to work with partners using effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Law, Leadership & Management, Social sciences, Development Study, Sciences or any other relevant discipline.
• An understanding of the context of Justice possibly with recent experience in Kenya and East Africa.
• Excellent research, conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills.
• Excellent domain of oral and written English.
• Knowledge of AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) and other global donors is an asset.
• Ability to work independently, suggest practical solutions and follow-up effectively on decisions.
• Good planning skills, pro-activity, creativity, and ability to meet the established deadlines.
• Good organizational and facilitating skills.
• Computer skills (Microsoft office word, excel, etc.).
• Motivated by our vision of creating a world where everyone is an educator, and where Children are the key actors of human and social development, being a faithful reflection of the past, present and future of the growth process.
Other Skills Required
• Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position.
• Ability to work independently.
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
• Planning and management skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
The consultant is invited to submit to the Tree of Life a formal brief proposal / expression of interest for the above-described service of consultancy and a quotation / fee note.
The selected Consultant will be offered lumpsum fees inclusive of all costs.
The payments will be made in approximately 3 instalments based upon outputs/deliverables specified in the TOR (under payment schedule) and upon certification of satisfactory work as per work plan and endorsed by the Tree of Life.
While submitting the EoI, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
• Recent CV with photo, having 3 references with contacts.
• Profile of the consultant and brief proposal / expression of interest
The soft copy application should be sent to: email@example.com
with the subject indicating: “Consultancy for Inter-agency TWG support”.
The Tree of Life is an equal opportunity employer, and respect all gender, nationality or religious affiliations.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.