Project Manager I (Board, Tax & Admin Support)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Support ESARO countries by managing locally incorporated and hybrid entities and serving as a member of project start-up teams providing guidance and direct support for all matters relating to start-up activities to ensure organizational compliance and mitigation of organizational risks. Responsible for ensuring that local boards meet regularly as prescribed in their constitutions or charters to fulfil their responsibilities and that the formalities of notices, agendas, minutes, resolutions and proxies are met and timely submissions made to relevant authorities to ensure compliance. Start-up activities include review of leases for both office and residential properties; registrations with tax, social security, and other key authorities; and guidance with respect to initial project implementation. Coordinate with Business Services Unit (BSU) Country Registration Specialist to support office/project registrations in ESARO portfolio including initial registration, registration renewals and de-registration. Responsible for ensuring post-registration reporting requirements and project close-out requirements are met including statutory and regulatory requirements such as annual returns, tax compliance, and annual audits. The position will be under the supervision of the Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support, East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO)
• Coordinate and manage all activities related to local entities in respective ESARO countries including:
• Scheduling Board and Annual General Meetings;
• Working with Country Representatives to ensure timely circulation of notices, agendas, reports and minutes,
• Compliance with various requirements in the constitutions/charters and submissions to regulatory authorities.
• Maintain ESARO files on SharePoint database and requisite internal KMS
• Partner with Business services unit (BSUs) Country Registration Specialist to support office/project registrations in ESARO portfolio including initial registration, registration renewals and de-registration.
• Ensure compliance with ongoing statutory and regulatory requirements related to registration, social security and tax regimes in ESARO portfolio and advise projects teams accordingly to ensure compliance with local laws.
• Partner with project teams to ensure effective closeout of registrations with various government agencies as may be required at the conclusion of projects and when FHI 360 decides to leave a country.
• Partner with BSU Country Registration Specialist to educate and train project and country staff on registration requirements and processes, demonstrating the importance of registration as a critical component of compliance.
• Document and maintain all information related to registrations, annual returns, statutory and regulatory requirements, and leases in a common organizational database to ensure a complete history, including the internal repository system “Vine”, as well as the SharePoint site for local entities
• Serve as a partner on project implementation and the expanded portfolio teams providing technical counsel and support of business development and when entering new markets.
• Provide regular, timely and clear communications and updates to key stakeholders, both within the organization and outside.
• Prepare reports and provide information as appropriate to management and senior level staff.
• Liaise with legal representatives of country teams
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong commitment to client service and communications.
• Works independently and with comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
• Good judgment, understanding of organizational structure and ability to find a balance between corporate risk and the ability for FHI 360 projects to operate.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects, determine best methods to accomplish objectives efficiently and adapt quickly to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to research, analyze and communicate complex information including local laws and legal opinions, USAID regulations, tax regimes, HR guidelines and corporate policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of corporate structures, board management, ability to read and understand corporate organizational documents including constitutions, charters, minutes and proxies and appreciation for associated formalities.
• Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate and work well with others.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated project management and presentation skills.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; additional French language skills preferred.
Problem Solving & Impact:
• Independently identifies and resolves problems and recommends/implements corrective action as needed in a timely manner.
• Works on complex problems that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
• Anticipates needs and develops customized solutions to address complex issues.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
• Decisions and actions could have a severe impact on the outcomes of the business, research, and/or programmatic operations of major segments of the organization.
• Leads and provides guidance to staff holding jobs in the same or similar job families or functions in other areas of the organization in lower job families
• Typically reports to a Director.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Law/business management/tax.
• Typically requires 8+ years of relevant experience in working with boards and/or advisory in legal, tax, projects management principles and practices.
• Prior work experience in a non-profit environment and fair knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
• Typically requires 5+ years of relevant experience with projects management principles and practices.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.