Project Services Accountant
Jobs at:Deloitte Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main purpose of the job
• The incumbent will support the effective delivery of Project Services (PS) Accounting to the business. In addition, he/she will be charged with ensuring correct reporting of revenue and maintaining the integrity of engagements in SAP.
What you will do
• Circulate weekly revenue reports to the relevant teams and provide business insights to the different service lines and Finance team leaders based on available data;
• Perform first-level revenue analysis and combine with cost analysis from the General Accounting Accountant, provide feedback to the Country/ Regional/ Service Line Partner/s on project related results;
• Coordinate quarterly project engagement audits and ensure business sign off at the end of each financial year;
• Assist business in collating the required information (such as the project plans, billing schedules and resourcing) to open project codes;
• Verify accuracy and completeness of information required to open project codes;
• Enforce compliance of governance requirements in the way that project codes are opened;
• Oversee the engagement code opening and integration of CRM to SAP and load any additional information required by SAP;
• Ensure timeous and accurate opening and closing of engagement codes (by self or business if applicable;
• Manage billing based on the project plan and instructions from business;
• Submit zero rated/ exempt VAT invoices to the Tax Compliance Accountant for tax compliance checks;
• Manage project code closure, with no activity, via a monthly ‘clean-up’ exercise;
• Resolve queries relating to project services data or processes; and
• Provide assistance and system training to project leaders on SAP activities relating to revenue reviews, rebates, provisions and revenue recognition reconciliations.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
• Professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
• 2-3 years accounting experience in a busy environment.
• SAP experience is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
• Good planning and organization skills; and
• Sound problem-solving ability.
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Good accounting knowledge;
• Well-developed computer MS Office skills – especially advanced MS Excel; and
• Excellent analytical skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.