Properties, Institutions & Investment Officer
Jobs at:Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The KCCB - General Secretariat (KCCB-GS) is the national administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implement and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the national level and undertake all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individuals & Firm to fill the following key position:-
3. Properties, Institutions & Investment Officer
Overall Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the administration of KCCB Properties, Investment and Institutions to ensure they are properly managed and maintained and that they are run efficiently and profitably.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Properties Management
• Maintain proper updated records with regard to KCCB properties
• Work with the Property Manager to achieve occupancy goals, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the market drivers In liaison with the Legal and Civil Affairs Officer and the Property Manager, facilitate the negotiation, preparation and enforcement of lease agreements for all tenants
• Ensure that the inspection of KCCB rental properties is conducted within the KCCB Policies and an inspection record is maintained and updated.
• Advice on appropriate rental rates by conducting market research and advising KCCB on the same.
• Facilitate renewal of land leases and ensure payment of land rates are up to date.
• In liaison with the Legal and Civil Affairs Officer, ensure contracts of service providers are properly drawn, are current and implement a sound review process to ensure the service level agreements are effective.
• Manage occupancy of the properties so that the property yields rent consistently Work with the Property Manager to develop and implement appropriate mechanisms to mitigate on defaulters.
• Review tenant issues referred to KCCB by the Property Manager and advise the General Secretary appropriately In Liaison with the Property Manager
• Identify areas for maintenance and repairs of minor works on the buildings and movable assets and update the General Secretary on the same.
• In Liaison with the Property Manager prepare monthly reports and update the General Secretary on emerging issues
• Ensure that yearly budgets for the KCCB properties are done in line with projections and monitor adherence to these projections.
b] Institutions & Investments Management
• Monitor the implementation and compliance of policies and the general management of the KCCB Institutions.
• Identify opportunities for making institutions self-reliant.
• Advice the General Secretary on emerging issues in Institutions of KCCB.
• Ensure KCCB Institutions are operating with clear, structured and cost- effective systems and procedures.
• Advise the General Secretary on emerging market driven investment trends.
• Provide the necessary technical support in the identification of KCCB-GS investment projects.
• Provide regular updates on the status of the Institutions.
Minimum qualifications, skills & experience
• Bachelor’s Degree - Business Management or related field (Finance and Accounting]
• MBA an added advantage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience on similar job
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Financial planning and budgeting skills
• Risk management skills
• Detail oriented
• Good customer service skills
• Result oriented
Integrity & Confidentiality
Job grade and remuneration
The position will be placed at Job Grade 8 with an entry salary of Kshs. 1,906,176 per year.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The above three applications to be submitted via email. Applications to be made by completing the application form found on KCCB Website: www.kccb.or.ke under careers and applications; Download, fill and send the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach him/her on or before 25th November, 2022 at 5.00p.m.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.