Proposal: Director of Finance and Administration
Jobs at:One Earth Future Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the finance team in preparation of the monthly financial field reports and bank reconciliations.
• Lead the preparation and submission of quarterly financial reports, and other reports required under the cooperative agreement, liaising with USAID and OEF HQ Accounting Office as needed.
• Work with the Chief of Party to review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
• Work with OEF Head Office Accounting and Project team to prepare quarterly accrual reports for submission to USAID.
• Establish and maintain compliant financial reporting records per record management policy and field manual.
• Oversee overall program grant implementation to ensure proposal and budget feasibility and grant activity schedule, equipment, and material procurement standards are upheld as outlined in the Grants and Procurement Manuals.
• Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
• Manage financial systems, files, and maintain OEF’s online accounting system;
• Liaise between OEF' field and headquarters offices regarding all financial matters; provide oversight for all internal or external audit requests, as needed;
• Provide oversight of all procurement processes, including determining procurement requirements, identifying and ensuring the most appropriate procurement methods to ensure transparent processes are utilized, and collecting technical input for procurements purposes.
• Review all grant and procurement activities for compliance with OEF program policies and USAID regulations.
• Work closely with the OEF HQ Accounting and Project team to prepare any required project budget realignments.
• Provide input for the weekly updates, quarterly and annual performance reports, and work plans.
• Participate in weekly meetings with the home office project team.
• Oversee the final review and close out of grant and procurement activities.
• Work closely with the COP and other senior managers to prepare a demobilization and closeout plan at the end of project.
• Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
• Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
• Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes;
• Establish project administrative policies in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, OEF policy, and Somalia law.
• Maintain and update the project security plan and serves as the Security Focal Point for the project.
• Other duties as requested by USAID and/or the Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of relevant experience handling daily operations and/or finances of USAID programs; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience;
• Experience managing the financial activities for a project of similar size;
• Competent in using computers and financial software;
• Experience managing teams;
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Excellent written and spoken English essential;
• Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
• Ability to work independently or as a part of a team; and
• Somali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.