Jobs at:Refugee Consortium of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To coordinate all psychosocial community services in accordance with the policies, procedures and protocols established by national standards of practice and licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements.
• Provide counseling services and other short term therapeutic services to refugees, other forced migrants and host community in individual and group settings.
• Assist in the development of training materials and facilitate internal and external capacity building activities on a variety of topics.
• In conjunction with the other counselors, coordinate the assessment, planning and implementing of psychosocial programs.
• Conduct surveys and studies relating to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
• Prepare monthly reports and donor related reports within schedule.
• Support the development of proposals for fundraising for program work.
• Coordinate services to beneficiaries with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
• Conduct home visits to assess individual psychosocial needs.
• Provide support to social workers in the tracking of cases and maintaining records and database of clients.
• Assist in the day to day office administrative duties.
• Ensure professionalism in services delivery and ethics while performing other duties as required.
• Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
Qualifications & experience
• Diploma in counselling studies from a recognized university or Diploma in Social work and Community Development (KNEC).
• Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology is an added advantage.
• Must a registered member of Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association (KCPA).
• Two years’ experience with NGO or related environment is an added advantage.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills
• Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
• Good team player with excellent multi-cultural interpersonal skills able to exercise diplomacy, flexibility and assertiveness.
• Technology Awareness. Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources etc
• The Job is complex, sensitive and stressful. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work as well as high degree of autonomy
• Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of counseling, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
• Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
• Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
• Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
• Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts. Send your application to: The Recruitment Committee, Subject Line: Application for an Assistant Program Officer- Legal (Dadaab) or Application for Psychosocial Counsellor (Garissa) “Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Preferred applicants may start as soon as 27th June 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.