Publications Editor / Writer
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Managing Publisher and working closely with the publication managers/authors, the “Science editor for publications” will be responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties
UNEP's Communication Division is looking for a dynamic, creative self-starter as " Science editor for publications".
• Provide science editing services for UNEP Spotlight publications as assigned, ranging from copy-edit to structural edit as required. Expected spotlight publications for editing during this time period are the Plastics report, Extractives and Mining, and Food Systems. For each report, ensure the text makes sense, contains no errors or inconsistencies, and tighten the language. Question statements that are confusing or contradictory and ensure that the narrative is sound and underpinned by peer-reviewed science and citations.
• Provide copy-edit services to policy briefs from Executive Office and Office of the Chief Scientist on politically sensitive topics.
• Launch assets including key messages for policy makers, copy for social media assets, video scripts and press releases.
• Advanced university degree in journalism, communication, social sciences or other related field is required, a first level university degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience maybe accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in communication or related field is required. Proven editorial skills, including research, writing, substantive editing, copy-editing and proofreading, oral and writing communication skills is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.