R2R Accountant (General Ledger, Reporting, Fixed Assets and Inventory)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 10 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• In collaboration with the team leader and other member of the team, is responsible for providing business unit general accounting and internal control support in line with IFRS, including preparation and posting of journal entries, maintenance of bookkeeping, completion of the month end closing process and ensuring that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are appropriately reconciled.
• Under the supervision of Senior Accountant, she/he is in charge of completeness, accuracy and timeliness of preparation as regards the general ledger, inventory, fixed assets as well as for the associated reporting requirements.
• Moreover, he/she supports senior colleagues in carrying out the ordinary task of the accounting department.
• He/she follows Desktop Procedures and adequate policies and guidelines in place, initiates Desktop Procedures updates whenever required and actively seeks for improvements.
• Responsibility for preparation and posting of journal entries for the designated SGS Affiliates.
• Perform supervision activity of R2R junior accountant.
• Maintenance of standard GL, FA and INV, reports to corporate and business units.
• Collaborate with team leader in ensuring data integrity and preparing financial information
• Assist team leader in performing the periodic close of general ledger which includes maintaining the close schedule, scheduling of subsystem feeds, making materiality decisions on closing entries and communicating to customers when the monthly trial balance is finalized.
• Responsible for specific activities related to annual and interim audits assigned by the team leader
• Work independently for the area assigned by team leader
• grant quality in account analysis/reconciliations.
• Maintaining Inventory and Fixed Asset modules and related entries in these accounts
• Responsible for the planning and execution of fixed asset verifications, inventory counts.
• Identification and presentation of solutions for process improvements
• Cooperating with other team members to ensure that the East Africa Finance Cluster is meeting, or exceeding performance levels reported in SLA.
• Any other duties and responsibilities assigned to by the Team Lead and Finance Operations Manager from time to time.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with at least 6+ years’ experience
• Professional certificate from any of the recognized accounting bodies (CPA, ACCA etc)
• High understanding of General Ledger accounting processes and information systems
• Good knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS)
• Ability to manage the general accounting function and deliver process enhancements (General ledger maintenance and closing, Fixed Asset inventory maintenance, and account analysis / reconciliation processes)
• Knowledge of FA, INV, Intercompany transaction is a must
• Good command of English
• Analytical skills
• Deadline oriented
• Able to examine and interpret financial data
• Excellent communications skills in English
• Basic knowledge of Country language is a welcome element
• Good interpersonal skills
• Highly organized
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.