Real Estate Head East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 16 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Facilities Mgmt Country Sr Mgr select and implement best practices and control subcontractors on a national scale.
• Implement and co-ordinate the national Life & Safety programme in co-operation with the local units. Supervise the work of the Country Life & Safety coordinator.
• Comply with Corporate and Local standards and procedures related to construction, sanitary, fire and premises occupation requirements, including requirements on permits and concessions.
• Ensure safe, functional and productive work environment.
• Plan, develop and implement strategies to maximize the value of assets; to ensure effective operation of the buildings infrastructure to fully support the business operating within the portfolio.
• Hold full responsibility for the Profit and Loss (P&L) of the portfolio, establishes and manages the budget.
• Act as prime customer liaison with businesses and outside tenants to facilitate all occupancy needs and requirements which include new project development, corporate real estate services, portfolio analysis, renovation, space planning, relocation or consolidation of operations and disposition of surplus property.
• Manage Project management and ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Manage the real estate function and recommends transactions to improve the cost effectiveness of the portfolio and improve utilization of existing space.
• Manage the Service desk, the one point of contact for all internal and external requests to ensure quality service and added value to the customers.
• Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, safety and environmental issues to maximize the value of a property or portfolio of properties.
• Provide safe and comfortable environment in all locations through regional asset managers, who employ a network of matrix support personnel, including engineers, building systems professionals, cleaning and other support staff.
• Oversee the Procurement and General Services
• Communicate at a senior level with other internal support organizations including Technology, HR to ensure transparent, ""one-stop"" services to the customer.
• Ensure that all processes in the area are compliant with the Citigroup corporate rules and standards as well as external regulations.
• Execute other responsibilities and activities defined in the Department's Organizational Rules and Regulations.
• Compliance: ensure that people management related tasks are executed in the entire department in accordance with Citi policies and procedures, complying with statutory regulations and laws (e.g. recruitment, work orders, managing performance, etc.).
• Engagement: take ownership for the managed team and implement Citi people management practices to ensure excellent employee experience in the course of the entire employee lifecycle (e.g. regular team and individual dialogues, training, coaching, other development opportunities, ""Voice of Employee"" actions, etc.) Keep unit managers accountable for their managed teams.
• Ensure that each unit manager has a properly trained back-up or a back-up potential ""in-training"" within the unit.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 6-10 years relevant experience
• Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of building systems
• Broad knowledge and understanding of real estate disciplines (architecture, construction, space planning, and engineering, etc.)
• Comprehensive knowledge of and understanding of Finance principles in order to manage the P&L of the assets.
• Knowledgeable of real estate law and related documents (contracts, deeds) coupled with the ability to apply them to complex business situations.
• Assessment, planning and work organisation skills
• Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.