Receiving Clerk - Mercure Upperhill
Jobs at:Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking and pro-active Stores Receiving Clerk of Finance responsible for both strategic and operational requirement of the function. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop competencies and learning in many areas and functions within Finance. Be part of a team focussed on driving successful business results.
What is in it for you:
• Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
• Learning opportunities through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while at work.
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world.
• Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
• Physically checking all items at the Receiving Dock.
• Receives goods only at the delivery area.
• Checks that the weight count complies with the weight count ordered.
• Checks that the weight count complies with the weight count quoted.
• Checks that the price invoiced is the same as the price quoted.
• Checks that the mathematical calculation on the invoices are correct.
• Ensures that all food & perishable items are as per the receiving specifications given by the Chef.
• Data entry of all items received into the Fidelio Materials Management system.
• Checking of DRR for quantity & pricing with the Invoices/Delivery Notes & reporting discrepancies to Purchase Manager/Chief Accountant.
• Submitting of non- available and short supply list to purchase and chef for further follow-up.
• Ensuring that all items received into the Hotel are as per the Purchase Order issued.
• Ensuring that the user department approves of the quality of the stuff before the receiving is done in the system.
• Items found to be inconsistent with the specifications, (below Or above) or damaged should be returned by the Receiving Clerk to the suppliers immediately through a Purchase Return Note.
• Always keeping the receiving area clean and tidy.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• Responsible for making sure that the administrative procedure relating to the input and output of goods are followed.
• Making sure that the rules relating to hygiene and safety in the receiving area are adhered to.
• By means of scrupulous maintenance of administrative documents enables the cost of expense to be kept to a minimum.
• Maintains good relations with all departments.
• Careful that your actions are not commercially damaging to the hotel.
• The Receiving Clerk reports to the Purchasing Supervisor.
• Is in contact with the delivery of the hotel’s various suppliers.
• You might be required to be called upon to do duties in addition to the above as required.
Your experience and skills include:
• Minimum of a two year college degree in accounting or other relevant field.
• Minimum of one year of Hotel F&B Controls/Receiving experience
• Organizational Skills, Basic writing skills ,Accuracy
• Results oriented, Customer service orientation ,Analytical thinking
• Knowledge of F&B Controls operations
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software: Word and Excel
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.