Jobs at:Old Mutual Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, July 13 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The main aim and purpose of the role is to ensure that there is delivery on daily production through taking personal responsibility for work allocated as well as collaborating effectively with other team members. Production should be within service delivery standards set by the standardized operating procedures. This role also responds to administrative queries per the set timelines. This role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with other departments that its dependent on.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
• Prepare and submit daily cash reconciliation and monthly asset reconciliation with custodians and ensure that the reports are accurate, and any cash and securities outstanding items are properly justified and followed up.
• Maintains orderly and readily obtainable reconciliations records for research and examination purposes.
• Assists/performs operational testing of system enhancements and new software applications related to cash and asset reconciliation for accuracy and usability.
• Take on Assets for new clients and Sell off Assets for transferring clients to ensure proper record maintenance.
• Escalate and provide appropriate documentation to management in a timely manner for open items that exceed the aging standard.
• Researches, identifies, and provides resolution on complex unreconciled items with minimal supervision.
• Conduct root cause analysis of unreconciled items in order to solve all discrepancies that create control breaks.
• Create opportunities to improve the overall process of reconciliation by interacting with different stakeholders to resolve unreconciled issues.
• Develop and maintain written operational procedures for all tasks performed and cross train to provide effective support to all team members.
• Identify areas where controls and procedures can be improved in the preparation of the account reconciliations and propose solutions.
• Data Management - Protection and Privacy – Ensure privacy of client data is maintained as aligned to the Data Protection Act of 2019. Ensure alignment and conforming to BU Data Governance Frameworks.
• Ability to flexible, agile and adaptable to change.
• Time management and ability to prioritize.
• Ability to communicate and work well within a team.
• Ethics & Integrity
Risk & Compliance Management, Control Environment, and Internal Governance
• Escalate risks/control breaks to management when identified. Assist in management of those risk/control breaks.
• Assist in audit management process as required by manager.
• Compliance to all regulatory requirements and internal policies
• Personal input in management of unit’s budget by avoiding wastage of resources and expenses.
Skills And Competencies
• 3-5 years in Fund Management Operations.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Excellent verbal, written, and Microsoft excel skills.
• Strong aptitude for query design, documenting requirements, and process improvement.
• Attention to detail by being able to perform defined, repetitive processes accurately and efficiently.
Knowledge & Experience
• 2-3 years in Fund Management Operations or banking Operations.
• Knowledge of financial service operations and financial markets
• Certifications in ACCA, CPA, CISI.
• Business related degree from a recognized institution.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.