Regional Accounting Officer
Jobs at:Winrock International
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 10 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Regional Accounting, the Officer, Regional Accounting provides review to the assigned portfolio of projects and provides support on onboarding, training and guidance to Project Finance staff, as needed. Additionally, the Officer, Regional Accounting prepares financial transactions and payroll for the Nairobi Regional Office, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Winrock International Nairobi Regional Office
1. Ensure compliance with various local laws and regulations, including annual submissions of audited financial statements and other required local filings for the Nairobi Regional Office
2. Elevate organizational issues and concerns to supervisor for appropriate action/s, as necessary.
3. Prepare financial reports for the Nairobi Regional Office
4. Prepares expenditures for all financial activities in Nairobi in QB and submission to Manager, Regional Accounting for review and approval.
5. Prepares monthly remittances to government agencies
6. Initiates Nairobi - QuickBooks data entry and maintenance; generation of monthly financial reports and schedules.
7. Prepare Nairobi Regional Office monthly wire requests and ensure financial reports are complete, accurate, and compliant with Winrock policies and procedures.
8. Elevate financial/accounting-related problems to Supervisor to offer resolution, as appropriate.
9. Prepare vendor files and related accounting records, such as leases and contracts; ensures file maintenance is compliant with Winrock’s retention policies and procedures and local requirements.
10. Prepare accounts payables, receivables, payroll, staff advances, and accruals schedules and ensure they are complete, tracked and monitored regularly
Support in preparation of local annual audits, including procurement of audit services.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned
1. Review project accounting functions of assigned portfolio of projects/offices:
2. Ensure assigned project offices submission of QB financial report and support documents within the set deadlines
3. Review of field office vouchers for assigned project portfolio and ensure accuracy and completeness of supporting documents, and compliance with Winrock’s and Donor’s policies and procedures
4. Reviews monthly projects schedules and reconciliations e.g. bank, salary, petty cash, accruals, etc.
5. Support on orientation/training for new project accounting staff on Winrock financial, administrative and operational policies and procedures (or re-training of existing staff whenever there is new or revised policies and procedures).
6. Supports internal and external audits and reviews, as necessary.
7. Coordinates with Supervisor on project/field visits and monitoring activities.
8. Review completeness and accuracy of project/field offices’ monthly reports package submission.
9. Provide guidance to Project/Field Offices on accounting issues, as appropriate and escalate any accounting issue to the supervisor
1. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member, and a high level of professionalism when dealing with co-workers, WI partners, and service providers.
2. Demonstrate a high level of integrity when dealing with sensitive and confidential documents and information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, and preferably licensed CPA or Chartered Accountant OR with Masters Degree with progressive experience in financial/fund management.
2. At least five years of accounting and/or auditing experience in a US Government (e.g. USAID, USDA, USDOL, US Department of State) funded projects either at local or international level.
3. Comprehensive knowledge on USG rules and regulations, international financial management and reporting requirements, internal controls, and accounting standards.
4. Knowledge and familiarity with any computerized accounting systems/packages
5. Experience in managing or supervising finance staff of multi-cultural background.
6. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of taxes and labor laws in the Asia Region.
7. Self-starter: ability to use good judgement and professionalism, and excellent analytical skills, and keen attention to details.
8. Proficient in MS Office suite.
9. Ability to work independently and in a multi cultural team environment.
10. Excellent English oral and written skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.