Regional Administrative and Finance Officer (USRAP)
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight on the day-to-day activities of the Migration Health Division (MHD) Regional USRAP Programme Support and Administrative Unit (USRAP PSAU) including supervision,
• mentoring, coaching, and training of the administrative and finance staff supporting the Health Assessment Programmes (HAP) under the purview of USRAP in the Region.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the HAP teams in Africa in the preparation of budgets/service fees, cost estimates, comparative analysis, and budget narrative justifications. Analyse field mission financial expenditures to verify that spending rates are aligned with budget projections and regularly report on the same to the RHAPC. Evaluate regular financial reports and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends in coordination with concerned missions resource management staff, and as guided by the RHAPC.
• Support the RHAPC in providing oversight, monitoring and in evaluating the financial performance of HAPs in the region on a regular basis; analyse budget information to prepare and consolidate estimates and supporting data in relation to budget forecasts, performance reports and medium-term plans; review financial provisions of project agreements and documents; assess budget requests and prepare budget proposals in conformity with funding partners and IOM requirements.
• Analyse accounting and financial documentation paying particular attention to anomalies or unusual trends; initiate action to correct any anomalies and provide advice on complex cases.
• In coordination with the RHAPC, MHD HQs, Health Programme Monitoring & Admin-Finance (PAF) team in MAC, Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, MHD Africa Senior Management Team and the Country Offices (COs) in Africa, ensure timely submission of budget and service fee requests, revisions, reports and provide supporting justification, calculations, and documents as necessary.
• Review agreements and contracts with various service providers, suppliers, and partners servicing USRAP projects in coordination with the HQs Legal Department and/or concerned missions in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Maintain all the project financial documents, ensuring complete and proper backup/audit documentation;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience;
• orUniversity degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified
• Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management particularly on budget preparation, analysis and monitoring as invoicing and reporting for migration health programmes in the field;
• Experience in supervising teams in an international setting is a distinct advantage;
• Experience with procurement and asset management is an advantage;
• Experience in designing Admin-Finance training modules and conducting trainings including webinars is desired.
• Knowledge of the USRAP, and CDC Cooperative Agreements is a distinct advantage;
• Computer literacy including knowledge of SAP and proficiency in MS Office applications; advanced MS Excel knowledge in macros an advantage;
• Knowledge of accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls, and audit/review procedures; knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures is an advantage;
• Ability to analyse and interpret source information and data;
• Analytical thinker capable of designing and enhancing financial tools, templates, and dashboards.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVERDk1Q0UyQUYwQTRERDgxMjQmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#& to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.