Regional Audit Manager, East Africa
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, March 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide Strategic leadership to the Audit Team in the National Office (NO) portfolio assigned within the Region, in the provision of independent objective assurance and consulting activity of the portfolio’s operations. This advisory role includes but is not limited to providing advice on risk management, internal controls systems and their impact on the operations of the organization.
Supervise a team of professional auditors in the NO portfolio assigned and provide reasonable assurance to regional and national senior management that controls are adequate to mitigate high and medium risk to the Partnership.
Provide audit quality assurance by reviewing the audit work of the audit team in his/her portfolio, including issue of audit reports to the respective NO portfolio Senior Leadership and to the Audit committees (as applicable).
1) Leadership of Audit Engagements
• Provide technical guidance and direction in the Annual Audit Planning Process using risk analysis techniques and tools, and develop annual audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Audit Director (RAD), NO portfolio Leadership and with the Board Audit Committees (BACs) within the portfolio (as applicable).
• Provide leadership and supervise the performance of audit engagements’ planning, field work, and audit reporting; ensuring that the audit process is aligned and supports strategy delivery in the assigned NO portfolio within the region.
• Foster effective engagement with the BACs in the NO portfolio (as applicable) on the performance of the Audit Team in the assigned NO portfolio.
• This is to be done through quarterly participation at BACs (Intermediate, Advisory Council meetings, as applicable) for the NO portfolio assigned.
• Perform quality reviews of risk-based integrated audit (RBIA) assignments and provide guidance to the Senior Internal Auditor (SIA) regarding:
• Quality audit standards to be observed and maintained by all auditors in the course of their work
• Provide on-the-job technical support during field work with the team members and on site review as necessary
2. Quality Assurance:
• Maintain an audit presence and history of audits per project/grant as needed based on available resources and use of GRC
• Lead the audit team in following up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
3. People Management and Professional Development
• Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations
• Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units per year
• Participate as an advisor of the NO Integrity and Protection Hotline (IPH) and Enterprise Risk Management committees in assigned country portfolio.
• Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GIA) initiatives deemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
• Must have prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than six years in a recognized organization, two of which should be at a senior supervisory level.
• Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing.
• Management skills, with a track record of leading teams to meet outcomes
• Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• University degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. A post-graduate degree in Management is a requirement
• Be a qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status. Professional memberships in CIA/CISA/CFE are an added advantage.
• Good command of the English Language, written and communication skills in particular.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong project management skills
• Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus)
• Working knowledge in Audit software packages
• Experience managing a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team.
• Must be honest and hardworking, with proven experience in dealing with management at a senior level and be disciplined leader. Experience in a multicultural setting is highly desirable.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply for this job
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.