Regional Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Regional Chief Finance Officer
As the Regional Chief Financial Officer, you will provide effective leadership to the finance team and drive increased staff engagement through effective communications and strong line management. You will develop and implement a forward-looking financial strategy that addresses the changing constraints and opportunities within the sector, aligns resources to our organisational strategy, and optimises the allocation of resources for maximum impact.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Provide leadership to the finance team to align finance management capacity with the strategic departmental plan and institutional direction. Drive performance and accountability by establishing departmental standards and KPIs. Advance a culture of continuous improvement by proactively rationalizing existing and introducing new reporting solutions while optimizing financial systems.
• Drive progress towards a more efficient organisational operating model, working closely with the RCEO, Country Directors and Country Finance Officers to develop and deliver key initiatives, converting financial and management reporting into insights to shape consequential decision-making.
• Provide effective and timely communication of critical financial information and recommendations regarding the financial health, results, and condition of the organization, including relevant trends, forecasts, risks, and opportunities.
• Liaise with the institution's governance bodies to establish institutional objectives, board meeting agendas, manage critical governance-management milestones (i.e., audit engagements, budget review, etc.), prepare board papers, and follow through on board-recommended actions.
• Lead the development of institutional budget processes in coordination with country teams, department heads, and the RCEO. Oversee all budgeting and forecasting processes, including donor budgets, sub-agreement budgets, overall country budgets, procurement contracts and other financial reports.
• Provide active leadership on all institutional investments and assets by exercising control, providing timely and relevant information for decision-making, and proactively recommending solutions to complex challenges.
• Accountable for the effective, efficient, and transparent management of treasury and accounting operations across the institution. Ensure effective financial management and control, including through strong systems of budgeting, forecasting, control and reporting, and effective treasury and finance operations functions.
• Lead the development of a risk compliance framework and management system and draft or update policies for compliance with regulatory bodies, head office and donors, as necessary.
• Facilitate the generation of accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and management reports and forecasts for use by management, board, and donors. Drive consistency in data sources and reporting formats across the institution.
• Work closely with the global and regional finance team by providing timely and adequate responses and being a collaborative partner in developing organization-wide new initiatives.
• Establish meaningful relationships with stakeholders, including financial service providers, finance leadership of AKDN institutions, and development partners.
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation, with substantial senior-level financial experience in a major organisation – covering budgeting and forecasting, reporting, financial control, and business partnering. Candidates with an MBA are encouraged to apply.
• At least ten (10) years of senior-level management experience in a complex organisation, with relevant experience leading finance departments in a donor-funded organization.
• A proven ability to work confidently and competently at the senior leadership level and experience managing board relationships and requirements, including building relationships with senior leaders.
• The ability to be an excellent team player and team builder, who nurtures, develops, and unleashes the full potential of peers and reports. Proven motivational and staff coaching ability. Outstanding sense of accountability and integrity
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to use numbers to illustrate insights and drive action.
• Demonstrated skills in integrating technology and systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.