Regional Climate and Environment Adviser EA & Yemen
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Responsible for providing strategic advice, technical support and capacity building support to the Country Offices in the region on climate and environment, across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office.
• Responsible for ensuring that best practices within the climate adaptation are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
• Technical supervision of the regional energy adviser providing relevant guidance and follow-up on the clean access to energy components in project development and implementation.
• Work closely with CC Advisors to ensure all technical guidance, project designs, reports etc take climate and environmental dimensions into account
• Work in partnership with the HO Programme department to contribute to specific areas of advocacy, innovation and development, including piloting and learning from experiences at the country office and regional level, development of policies, strategies and tools, and sharing learning with other regions.
• Contribute to the NRC global development of climate adaption integrated response, through collaborative working with and contribution to the NRC Global Development Lead leading the thematic area, and by sharing learning and expertise with the HO level and other Regions.
• Contribute to the resource mobilization and fundraising for regional programme development related to climate and environment. This includes developing new programme design based on learning and evidence and in line with NRC’s Response Policy.
• Facilitating and stimulating an environment conducive to innovation. Keeping informed on innovation insights and analysis of relevance to climate and environment. Ensure this knowledge is integrated into the systems and culture of the organisation at country and regional levels.
• Responsible for identification, development and maintenance of relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g., donors, UN agencies, NGOs, research- and educational institutions, private sector) related to programmes in general and more specifically as related to NRC’s thematic activities. Participation to relevant working groups and interagency coordination mechanisms in the area of climate and environment in the region.
• Contribute to development and delivery of induction and training provision of CO staff in relation to own thematic area, working collaboratively with Learning & Development and other colleagues. Contribute to recruitment interviews for technical staff. May provide some technical supervision to technical staff in Country Offices.
• Work in partnership with the regional and country office advocacy leads to identify and develop regional advocacy issues related to climate and environment and relevant cross-cutting issues.
• Manage mapping on Climate Adaptation in humanitarian response in the region and present recommendations to Regional Management. Capture best practices and share these among programme, advocacy and support teams.
• Responsible to map potential partnerships for NRC within climate and environment and provide recommendation to the regional management team. In addition, consolidate and signpost donor policy minimum environmental standards and climate adaptation funding opportunities.
• Expand environmental assessment and programme adaptation cross-learning, including climate-proofing in NRC’s programmes sectors guidance, and produce a regular 'analysis and learning report' - including summaries of all NEAT+ assessments and findings in the region, and climate adaptation pilots.
• Capacity build and support roll out of environmental screening, including through the NEAT+ tool, to NRC COs and humanitarian partners
• Conduct analysis on the effects of climate change on displacement affected communities and their coping strategies to these and disseminate regularly to improve knowledge and expertise within NRC.
• Responsible for supporting development, implementation and monitoring of climate, energy and environment activities in country offices
• In-depth knowledge and expertise of climate and environment related to humanitarian response, with expertise within climate adaptation
• Several years of documented experience working within climate and environment field
• Extensive experience in programming in complex and volatile contexts with preference for previous experience in East Africa and Yemen region
• Experience of strategic approaches to programme development
• Experience of developing practical tools and resources
• Experience of programme quality assessments, programme development and delivery
• Understanding of and commitment to organisational learning, and the role and contribution of M&E to quality management and development
• Understanding of, and commitment to working collaboratively with technical and operational colleagues within a matrix structure, including capacity building
• Experience of delivering learning and development as part of quality improvement and capacity building
• Fluency in English both written and verbal
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council on ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.