Regional Finance Advisor
Jobs at:FHI360 NGO
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide leadership in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions across ESARO, funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources. Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Develops financial risk management and control strategies. Reviews and approves recommendations for accounting, financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team. Develop and manage , pipeline management and financial analysis models. Develop and implement effective and efficient business processes and procedures. Develops and manages internal financial audits. Develops formal reporting system to communicate results of internal and external audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. Manage the activities of the finance staff. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function across the region.
• Provides strategic leadership to the financial analyst staff in a local, regional or HQ office.
• Able to work with multiple country finance departments.
• Prepares financial guidance to field offices through memos, updates to policies, and procedure manuals.
• Assigns and audits the work of the finance department, while providing guidance to staff.
• Monitors and updates the departmental budget.
• Engages in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
• Provides decision making on projects and problems that may cross functional boundaries in accounting, finance, operations.
• Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
• Manages the operational and strategic functions for the finance department to ensure compliance and efficiency.
• Provides recommendations and consuls with management on financial performance and enterprise risk management.
• Develops and implements process improvement plans for department to ensure financial controls and operational procedures.
• Provides leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments processes.
• Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
• Develops capacity of team performance and drive for excellence.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills of geographically dispersed teams.
• Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization
• Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
• Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
• Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
• Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate and work with others.
• Is well-versed in USG and key donor regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls.
• Has significant experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
• Full knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
Problem Solving & Impact:
• Works on problems of highly complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
• Decision maker and actions could have a severe impact on the outcomes of the business, research, and/or programmatic operations of major segments of the organization.
• Provision of timely financial reports and accurate advice on cross- functional business segments.
• Manages staff holding jobs in the same or similar job families or functions.
• Manages and develop staff to meet departmental and organizational strategic goals.
• Accounts for the budget, procedures, and training of staff to achieve results.
• Develops and recommends solutions to management meet internal and external needs of the company.
• Typically reports to the Director, Regional finance and Operations support.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
• MSc/MA/MBA and/or CPA certification preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of finance management experience.
• Past experiences managing and leading a finance department is required.
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO), especially USG funded.
• Experience working with an international organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to FHI360 NGO on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.