Regional Finance Controller - East Africa
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the Regional Controller of Finance position is to support the country offices in implementation of Finance in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The regional Controller can also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control.
• Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on Finance.
• Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.
• Monitor overall financial reporting and financial control, as well as cash flows for NRC Country Offices (CO).
• Coordinate and consolidate the Country Office’s budgeting and reporting and produce required analysis and reports assigned by Head of Support Unit
• Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the finance handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
• Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
• Control and approve all budgets and financial reports before submission to donors
• Review and approve fund requests from Oslo to country offices
• Review and control eBRS on monthly basis and complete e-BRS compliance checklist
• Control country funding and spending to ensure countries do not spend on projects that they have not received donor approval or NRC Oslo advance approval.
• Perform financial analysis of the country funding status including Master Budget analysis (check cost coverage) and advise on actions to mitigate or resolve significant budget variances
• Review updates to local financial handbook and SOPs for the country office before approval by director of finance in Oslo.
• Plan and work closely with FMs to do the closure of ended projects at the country office and NRC Oslo HK client and clean-up of balance account
• Review audit management letters before submission to the auditors and donor.
• Follow up of Donor & external audit recommendations related to Finance and update audit summary sheet.
• Support COs to produce accurate forecast/spending plan. Analyse the forecast per project and alert RHoF on potentials issues / deviations vs available.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Advisor/Expert or similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of the countries supported by the section is an asset
• Some level of French and/or Portuguese is in an asset
• Handling insecure environments
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Coping with change
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/requisitions/job/8343?utm_source= to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.